Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new truck for my business last weekend and I need a topper. What are the best one's to choose to from? Also where have any of you gotten a good deal on one? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
My II Cents

I'm on my second one like this. http://www.suburbantoppers.com/product/a-r-e-deluxe-commercial-unit-dcu/
full length doors on sides, tail gate model with window, window in rear, glass in front(behinds cab) to see through.
First one used for 20 years, sold with the truck, replaced gas struts only.
Great ,durable IMO
My new on was $1900.00 painted to match.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
So, here is what I have.

I paid extra to have vents in both side windows, as well as having them flip up. Also for the front window to tilt in so that you can clean the back window on your truck.

Both upgrades were worth the $$$.

The only thing I don't like about my topper is that the trim on the back windows has a couple of very sharp corners that will rip your shirt (or your skin) if you are not careful when you climb into the back of the truck. I've looked at other toppers, and they seem to have the same problem.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I have a topper that fits my 98 Silverado that some one can have for 100.00. it is fiberglass and needs painting side windows are sliders and good shape front window isn't a slider rear window needs new plexiglas and struts

pm me if intrested

·
Registered
217 Posts
Neal ....I believe you will enjoy whatever topper you pick up

I ordered a leer XQ through AAA Toppers shortly after I picked up my new Duramax
The XQ is a small topper mine has a removable sliding window, felt headliner and an overhead light which is about 3 foot long it also locks and unlocks with the truck

Loving my new rig...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
depending on year model, I would look around used lots. seems like most used truck dealer remove topper for whatever reason. my 2007 gmc I picked up a 3 year old century for $500. That was about a $1400 topper at the time.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a topper that fits my 98 Silverado that some one can have for 100.00. it is fiberglass and needs painting side windows are sliders and good shape front window isn't a slider rear window needs new plexiglas and struts

pm me if intrested
Thanks for the offer Byron I appreciate it!!! Bernie hooked me up with the guys at A&A and i got a good deal on a Snug Fit. Thanks to everyone else who gave me suggestions!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Oh snap....

I ordered my leer topper through A&A topper not AAA my bad
Make sure and check their work I end up having to go back so they could adjust the locking mechanism.....Post up some pictures once it installed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts