Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coworker had his car broken into last night and the cheapest he has been able for a replacement window installed is around $430. It is the driver's side. Does anyone have any suggestions on where he can get it done more economically? Of course his deductable is $500. Thanks for any suggestions. He lives in Denver.

You guys always have great suggestions...like I said thanks...

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
If he's handy...It might take some hunting but try the junk yard...

last April a rock went through my Durango's passanger window...the quote was insane and I knew there was a million of the built...I went to an auto parts store and they were going to sell me one a used one for $75 out of Kansas...I was alright with that but the 3 day wait wasn't working for me...I went to the junkyard and found one for $40...

You can call and they can tell you what they have in the yard but they wont be able to tell you if the window is still in it...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
If he's handy...It might take some hunting but try the junk yard...

last April a rock went through my Durango's passanger window...the quote was insane and I knew there was a million of the built...I went to an auto parts store and they were going to sell me one a used one for $75 out of Kansas...I was alright with that but the 3 day wait wasn't working for me...I went to the junkyard and found one for $40...

You can call and they can tell you what they have in the yard but they wont be able to tell you if the window is still in it...
x 2 here...Went with a bud to the junkyard and he found one for his Civic for 20 bones... ;D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
andyrm66 said:
As the norm, I dont have anything positive or helpful to say.
wow... he admits it.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
might be a bit tougher to find a hybrid vehicle in a junkyard yet, because pretty much everything is different on em...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Oyey said:
andyrm66 said:
As the norm, I dont have anything positive or helpful to say.
wow... he admits it.
I see the art of sarcasm has left you by the wayside. Isn’t there another forum you should be on, bashing and bad mouthing members of this forum?

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
Stadium auto parts is pretty good. Off of 8th and I-25. Good luck with that tree huggin car though.
Nothing there for honda's. Stadium foreign is off of 70th and Lowell though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts