Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only fished here once, but had very little luck. Can someone tell me about this place? What hits best? With what? How big are the cats? Any special bait fir them, or just the usual?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Almost 13' deep all over, caught a nice bass one night fishing for cats with stink bait. Caught a 2lb cat, fishing for bass dead sticking, all I can offer, seen some nice eyes never caught one.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sounds promising no jetski's

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i;ve caught huge crappie and bluegill there on minnows i;ve caught alot of smaller bass on senkos and lost a pole to a carp never caught anycatfish there but i;ve seen musky there before

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I've had very nice largemouths there in the past and like someone's post (sorry, didn't pay attention) I've caught some extremely nice crappies there too. Seen tigers, but they all were snobby and too good for my lures.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
they all were snobby and too good for my lures.
best decription of them tigers ive heard yet!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out to Lagerman today and did really good! Thanks for all advice given! I took two poles, two rod holders, and a five gallon bucket with about fifteen sunfish about two inches in it. I fished the entire lake all around. It took about ten hours. I would set up, sit for about half an hour and move about fifty feet and do it all again. I found that the cats were most active on the west side, but hit more aggressively on the east side. When I was done I caught 12 averaging about two pounds. I kept two for dinner and turned the rest back. I'm going back tomorrow night to see if they hit better at night. Does anyone know if night fishing is allowed here?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I could be wrong, but last I remember, we had to be out of there by sunset.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I asked somebody about that yesterday. They said no night fishing allowed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey catman, ive fished it a couple of times with plastics and pulled out some real lunker bass, off of the dam. Mostly for me it has only been a fish or two a trip. I'd really like to catch some of those crappie, where and when did u get into them. Also, I wonder if they have some bigger cats in there, I'd be real suprised if they didnt.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've only caught a couple of crappie. I'm more of a carp/cat man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts