Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fished saltwater primarily throughout my life, and have recently taken up fishing in Colorado. I have really good luck at monument , but have gone to Antero and Eleven mile and blanked.. If anyone can give me any advice or is interested in meeting somewhere and fishing it would be greatly appreciated. Im primarily trying to catch bigger trout, but I'm not picky. I don't have a boat- only shorefish for the time being! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
coloradonovice said:
I've fished saltwater primarily throughout my life, and have recently taken up fishing in Colorado. I have really good luck at monument , but have gone to Antero and Eleven mile and blanked.. If anyone can give me any advice or is interested in meeting somewhere and fishing it would be greatly appreciated. Im primarily trying to catch bigger trout, but I'm not picky. I don't have a boat- only shorefish for the time being! Thanks!
Not to rain on Riv's parade, but you are in Colorado, and when in Colorado and fishing for trout, it's best done on a flyrod, with smaller than normal bugs.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Koldkut said:
coloradonovice said:
Not to rain on Riv's parade, but you are in Colorado, and when in Colorado and fishing for trout, it's best done on a flyrod, with smaller than normal bugs.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I have caught a few trout in Colo, fly and hardware, and I have to say the biggest ones (up to 18lbs.) have all been on big jerkbaits or plugs. Pellet fish and shrimp pigs would be the exception.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will try all. I've been using the "Trout Ninja" setup and mainly powerbait. So I am definitely open! Any other pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
use a circle hook itll make release easier.
or a fly and water bobber with leader always does good if you can get a real with no weeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts