Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont wanna spend too much, would really like a manual 8 inch. LMK if you have one, condition and how much you would want for it.

J

·
0 Posts
If you're in the Denver area, I have an 8" hand auger I bought at Sportsman's last year. I've drilled between 5 and 10 holes with it (closer to the 5 side). I'd be willing to part with it for $50 firm - cash and carry.

J

·
0 Posts
Wow - I must have gotten ripped off. I paid $80 for mine, then turned around and paid $90 for a 6" Nils Master - Cabela's has them for the same price.

If Gander or Bass Pro has them for $40 or less - then go for it! ;D

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i think that someone got to you ed as a couple of weeks ago when i had power auger troubles i ended up buying an 8 inch mora auger for $60 at a little store up in walden, and they are generally anything but cheap....

J

·
0 Posts
jamiehughes said:
i think that someone got to you ed as a couple of weeks ago when i had power auger troubles i ended up buying an 8 inch mora auger for $60 at a little store up in walden, and they are generally anything but cheap....
Yeah - I got a Strikemaster Lazer http://tinyurl.com/2ab4ao

no worries - I'll keep it as a backup.

I'm seriously considering getting a nils power auger later this year - I like the idea of a 48" shaft. Not practical at most places in Colorado but I've got some ideas! ;D

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Just Ed said:
jamiehughes said:
Yeah - I got a Strikemaster Lazer  http://tinyurl.com/2ab4ao

no worries - I'll keep it as a backup.

I'm seriously considering getting a nils power auger later this year - I like the idea of a 48" shaft.  Not practical at most places in Colorado but I've got some ideas!  ;D
i heard that the nills's are damn good cutting augers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't know if your still in the market, or if you got a hand one and found out how much fun they are and are ready to move up with the big boys now. I have a 10" gas powered Eskimo that I'll part with for $200.00. (you don't want to skin your fish getting them up through that 8" hole and if they fit an 8" hole why catch them???)

·
Registered
1 Posts
bushman said:
Don't know if your still in the market, or if you got a hand one and found out how much fun they are and are ready to move up with the big boys now. I have a 10" gas powered Eskimo that I'll part with for $200.00. (you don't want to skin your fish getting them up through that 8" hole and if they fit an 8" hole why catch them???)
Bushman, do you still have the auger available?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts