Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Center Hill definitely has cats... It's about 45 minutes to an hour away (depending on where on the lake I go)...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Maybe people just aren't fishing for them?? Seems like a small town have you talked to any local fisherman?

Here's what I've got from just about EVERY local fisherman I've talked to:

"Welp... I done heard of a buddy o' mine's friend done did caught one of them there catfish critters up yonder."

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Here's what I've got from just about EVERY local fisherman I've talked to:

"Welp... I done heard of a buddy o' mine's friend done did caught one of them there catfish critters up yonder."

Oh god...sounds like the locals don't know what they're doing! Those cats are waiting to be discovered>:D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
IF they're in these smaller local lakes, nobody seems to have any first hand accounts or pictures to show for them. I stopped at every tackle shop and ****-hole gas station around here, spoke with everyone including the robot bass fishermen on each of these lakes, and not one person could give me a first hand account of catching cats.

The "good" news is, there are big bass in every mud hole and puddle around... They're the "slimers" of Tennessee.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
IF they're in these smaller local lakes, nobody seems to have any first hand accounts or pictures to show for them. I stopped at every tackle shop and ****-hole gas station around here, spoke with everyone including the robot bass fishermen on each of these lakes, and not one person could give me a first hand account of catching cats.

The "good" news is, there are big bass in every mud hole and puddle around... They're the "slimers" of Tennessee.
So fish for them then. Maybe there's a reason people are bass fishing and no talk of cats cept in some lakes?:tongue:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

Makin us CO folks a little jealous...sounds like your area is very underfished for catfish. Which should mean there are plenty monsters to be caught.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bass suck...

I don't like their jerkoff name, I don't like their jerkoff face, I don't like their jerkoff behavior, and I don't like them.......................... jerkoff

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Welp, maybe try this:
http://www.twinlakescatfish.com/ LMAO

Sounds like theres plenty of catfish out there:

Also the lake you were looking at:
City Lake Natural Area
This 35 acre City Lake Natural Area is located on Bridgeway Drive and is preserved in its natural state, with some improvements to help accessibility. The park is a favorite area with fishermen as they can catch catfish, bass and bream. Cookeville's first water treatment facility was constructed here.

Fall Creek Falls

A Tennessee license and park permit are required to fish in the 345-acre Fall Creek Falls Lake. Fall Creek Falls is the home of two state record catches, Channel Catfish and Bream. The lake also offers largemouth bass. Fishing in the creeks is also allowed.

Edgar Evens:
Fishing
Beautiful Center Hill Lake has become a very popular fishing and water-skiing area. Fishermen can expect catches of largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky bass as well as catfish, crappie, walleye, white bass, bluegill and br

Rock Island:
Fish catches include bass, musklunge, and bluegill.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
twin lakes is a joke... Its literally 10,000 catfish in a tiny pond... They have "contests" every weekend to see what angler can foul hook the biggest lazy ass miserable cat stolen from the Ohio River and transported to that toilet bowl.

Old City is purported to have cats... Like I said. But finding a picture of one.... Good luck. Finding a guy who has actually caught one... Good luck.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Meadow Park Lake in Crossville and Cane Creek Park are stocked with cats yearly for the kids catfish contest day (put on by the TWRA annually). These are both "daylight hours only" city lakes and one was dug out of an old landfill and has a fish advisory warning on it for mercury and selenium. Plus, it's only an extra 15 minutes drive time to Center Hill Lake. That will be the next trip... As soon as I get a day off.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

:cool:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Some Twin Lakes pond pictures:

"Winners" of the weekly catfishing "contest"

More "winners"

Tiny pond, big-river fish stolen from their homes and put in a shitty pond and surrounded by hundreds of fishing hooks....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Well they are catching cats....... LOL.

Good luck though, hit up some of those other spots. We are all awaiting some big ass out of state cat pics.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well, as soon as I can get another day off (and okay it with the wife) we are doing an all-dayer at Center Hill... With part of the night thrown in.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a small river (big creek) near my house... Some jack leg toothless hillbilly told me they are in there. (My buddy William. ;))

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Why dont you fish the river that they take the cats from to stock that little pond?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The Ohio in KY is getting destroyed by commercial catfishing. Thousands and thousands of big blues have been pulled out of there and taken to these pay lakes. The state lawmakers refuse to pass legislation to prevent it and there's a huge effort to pressure the state senate and governor to take action. But I am afraid it is already too late. You can read up on it... Google Kentucky Ohio River commercial catfishing.

Or go to the BOC website in the KY section. Half the posts are about this subject. Catfish1.com

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.