Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody kknow if a photo of Tyler Snyder's 58" catch and release record Tiger Muskie from Quincy Reservoir actually exists? I'd love to see a photo if it does exist...or is this another one of those C&R records where nobody actually knows where it is?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody kknow if a photo of Tyler Snyder's 58" catch and release record Tiger Muskie from Quincy Reservoir actually exists? I'd love to see a photo if it does exist...or is this another one of those C&R records where nobody actually knows where it is?
Hello, I just saw this post - 11 years late. Yes it exists. I have the original. It was also published in the January 2001 edition of Muskie magazine page 12 with the entire story. Here is the BW pic from that magazine. I am 5'11" and my son in law is 6'7". The youngster in the middle is Tyler at 10. The fish is the fish. The photo was snapped by two fisherman watching us.
Photograph Text Paper Publication Conversation

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate you posting this. I posted the question 11 years ago, but just logged in the other day and saw this. I've seen the photo of Jason Potter's 40 pounder from Quincy but I've never seen the C&R record photo until now. I've heard stories of Quincy from back in the day, but never had a chance to fish it. It seems like we've got some biologists that are back onboard with keeping up Tiger Musky stocking which is great. There was a period where they had difficulty acquiring fish for stocking and things were a bit lean. A 58"er is a great musky anywhere they swim, not sure this one will ever be bested here frankly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appreciate you posting this. I posted the question 11 years ago, but just logged in the other day and saw this. I've seen the photo of Jason Potter's 40 pounder from Quincy but I've never seen the C&R record photo until now. I've heard stories of Quincy from back in the day, but never had a chance to fish it. It seems like we've got some biologists that are back onboard with keeping up Tiger Musky stocking which is great. There was a period where they had difficulty acquiring fish for stocking and things were a bit lean. A 58"er is a great musky anywhere they swim, not sure this one will ever be bested here frankly.
Dude you have no idea how awesome it was! I stumbled upon it as an eighth grader. My friend Mark and I would have our parents drop us off all day Saturday and all day Sunday And pick us up each night. One Sunday evening when it was raining we hooked in the three within like 4 hours. I caught a 30 incher Mark caught a 32 in and then he caught I believe it was 36 weight 11 lb and it was a state record for like a week lol. The state record was falling left and right at that time as you can imagine. I feel fortunate that I was able to fish that lake when it was pumping out record tiger muskie every week. Something about that lake and the forage Make for potential trophies. Obviously the muskies and largemouth as well. Cuz if they run out of suckers to eat there's always plenty of soft finned rainbow trout. I really wish they would have kept the tiger muskies going at Quincy but from what I understand the division of wildlife is more concerned with eliminating the rough fish with the muskie and then once that's taken care of they're pretty much not too concerned with keeping the big trophy fishery going. That's too bad really because like I said Quincy something about it made it just an amazing place to grow a large fish. We caught all three of those muskies that day on Zara spooks. Sure you've heard of them. You walk the dog with a large Zara spook and then you see the water behind the lower start to raise up and you can tell there's a muskie following about to nail it. It feels like Jaws lol. You have to really keep your concentration and it's hard to you get real panicky at least I did. I think a couple places that are going to blow up pretty soon for musky are deweese reservoir and quite possibly Sloan's lake the one on 20th and Sheridan. People are starting to pull some muskies out of there. Good luck tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts