Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been out of luck this whole week, well ive been fishing harriman for catfish no luck at all, used worms, stink bait, and shrimp, i had alot of bites on worms (well think it was bites), but can it be crawfish yanking the bait? can some one give me some advice how to rig up a rod that will keep the bait out of the crawfishes claws? im using circle hooks so will i need a little slack on the line? and  who out there fishes harriman for cat fish? and can you point out a good spot to fish for kitty's?
any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Crayfish will often carry the bait unfortunately...I have heard good things about the south platte end of Chatfield lately...

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Get the floaty things that go on your line between the hook and the weight...you have to use the ones big enough to suspend the bait...with nightcrawlers you can inflate them with a hypodermic needle or a worm blower...I use the floatys...

·
Registered
24,557 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i came back there for another round today... im really starting to get pissed off i have a good feeling that crawfish have been pulling my line... thanks for the help guys im really getting frustrated. where can i get these floats? can i just go to the local walmart?

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I dont know if Walmart has them...Dicks does, bait shops do, Sportsmans Warehouse, Gander...not sure about WallyWorld though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts