Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my grandpa are debating on which to go to also pikeview can be an option. So if anyone has anything about these. Please post.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Aint been to manitou for a couple years but its a FEE area,like 4 or 5 bucks a day!The fishin aint worth it,IMO. tHATS ALL i KNOW-

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Monument was just stocked or is getting stocked with a bunch of stocker trout since it has just been refilled. They should feed on just about anything since the natural forage will be pretty low. Fishing here will either be really good or really slow I'm not for sure which yet. They ask that you catch and release since they are trying to bring the lake back.

Pikeview has tiger musky. :p I've caught alot of stocker trout out of pikeview but it has seemed to be slowing this could be because I've been targeting the tiger muskie or that it just gets alot of pressure and people keeping everything they catch. I have had constant luck with worms. Powerbait and slamon eggs are hit and miss some days they are craving this somedays they arent. Other days when worms, powerbait, and salmon eggs are not working adding a marshmellow seems to provoke them into the bite.

Quail lake was hot this last week as I went once and caught 8 (trout) in a couple hours off powerbait and night crawlers. My kid went with his grandpa 3 times and caught about 25 fish in those 3 trips all on powerbait. (salmon peach, i think) Fish along the riprap.

hope this helps

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. It should help just hope We get something tomorrow. But for pikeview we might go this afternoon I dont know when he will wake up lol. But We have never had any luck from pikeview or quail lake. At quail the only thing I caught was my shoe after it fell of and ended up halfway out on the lake. Seen a guy get an absolutely massive carp outta pikeview. Hopefully we can get something out of monument we used to do really good until it started drying up any suggestions on what to particularly use???? Wow I have alot to say today sorry for rambling about numerous things.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Worms, worms, and more worms. You may not catch alot with worms but I have not gone a day without getting trout out of quail or pikeview with worms. I'm told there are catfish in these lakes so I always have one line with a worm out on it, and I have always had hits and/or landed a couple fish off it. And its always a trout no catfish yet.
If you hold the rod you can feel the trout pick up the bait once they feel the hook or resistance they tend to drop it. So if you wait for the pickup you will have more hooksets then just leaving the pole and waiting. After first bite I usually reel a couple turns and they go after it again.

Powerbait I like rainbow with glitter, my son likes salmon peach.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
hopefully someday the lake will be like it was several years ago i remember catching trout bass crappie catfish and perch in one day does anyone know what there putting in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts