Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I managed to knock the guide insert out of the first guide on one of my rods and am looking for someone local who can replace that single guide for me. Need to have it done in the next week or so for sure. Anyone have someone they can recommend in the denver area?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
Last summer I managed to knock the guide insert out of the first guide on one of my rods and am looking for someone local who can replace that single guide for me. Need to have it done in the next week or so for sure. Anyone have someone they can recommend in the denver area?
You're kidding with this thread, right....??

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J.R.R. Trollin'Ken said:
solesearcher34 said:
I know what you are talkin about ken but I think logistics could be tough to get it back in time from "the man".

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
J.R.R. Trollin'Ken said:
solesearcher34 said:
I know what you are talkin about ken but I think logistics could be tough to get it back in time from "the man".
Ah... Ok then. My bad....disregard my statements made in ignorance... ;D

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Jeff can sure hook it up, or if you look at other fishing sites, there is galaxy custom rods up there if you can't get a hold of Jeff. If it's a spinning rod, depending on the distance from the next guide, You may be able to get along without it if the line angles look good under load.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I cant imagine not doing that yourself. If you can build lures you sure as hell can repair a guide?
Thats kinda what I was thinking. The way I do it, is I find a guide that's exactly the same, put a little heat on the wraps and pull the broken one off. Take a little hot glue, drop it in where the guide was and place the new guide in the gap quickly. Done.

Easy and as long as the part is available (I typiacally rip one off a beater rod for ease), takes less than a minute and can be done with just a lighter and a small hot glue stick.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
SLAYERFISH said:
I cant imagine not doing that yourself. If you can build lures you sure as hell can repair a guide?
Thats kinda what I was thinking. The way I do it, is I find a guide that's exactly the same, put a little heat on the wraps and pull the broken one off. Take a little hot glue, drop it in where the guide was and place the new guide in the gap quickly. Done.

Easy and as long as the part is available (I typiacally rip one off a beater rod for ease), takes less than a minute and can be done with just a lighter and a small hot glue stick.
If the glue stick is hot, why the need for a lighter?? ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
Not sure if you're trying to be cheeky or what, or maybe you just dont understand the difference between an elmers glue stick and a hot glue stick. I'll leave the research to you.
;)
Just making a joke. Like having a hot water heater. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts