Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on spots to fish this weekend along the front range. Don't care what species just want to get into some fish in the boat.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
john Martin is probally to far for one day for me, I' will hit chatfield one day, going to fish friday and sunday

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Tom,

Ill be out at Cherry Creek on Saturday and if the bite is good ill be there Sunday too. If the bite isn't good ill be at the meat market eeeerrrrrr Chatfeild :) on Sunday.

Maybe we'll see ya around.'

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Does anyone know if Douglas reservoir has filled with enough water that the boat ramp is open? I think with last years low water and no boats on the lake the pressure was fairly light and may be worth a go this year.

The people I talked to who fished it last year told me the weeds were very thick and snagging was a big problem. But with deeper water a person could troll over the top of them or get out to the center where there may be less weedgrowth.

But I will probably just go to chatfield. My boat is at Great Lakes Marine getting tuned and set for our elevation, so I will be ready to see if it goes faster than than I can run. (believe me that is not fast!)

Dan

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hit Boyd couldn't keep the raimbows off, they were slamming the deep divers trolling in 18 to 25 ft.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris did time of day matter, and where you in 18-25' water or where your lures running that deep

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
only fished until noon but the bite was still on when I left. Lure depth was running 8 to 12 ft deep. Was using a Rapalla countdown in a minnow color and a shad rap same color.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so if im at j martin this sat. how many of you will i see or say hi too

im the one in the ugly blue suburban so say hi i might not look like a nice person but some time i am and if im fishing im
a lot nicer

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Hey kats im still undecided where im goin will know if john martin by afternoon.I 'll be in a silver 2004 subaru wrx wagon.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Dan I was just reading (F & H). It comes out Bi-weekly, and I just got it. It said the lake (Douglas) is completley open, but it's not full enough for the boat ramp. Sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts