Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for good numbers decent size but most important is consistancy plan this spring might even get in 2 trips one southern and then a more northern one also if you have a lake to suggest please indicate best times for the crappie there ill need to plan about 2 weeks ahead ill be driving a pick up camper and pulling a small boat and canoe and taking float tubes and will be camping so suggestions on where to camp would help also

thanks in advance

·
Registered
369 Posts
On occasion I have caught a couple really nice crappies in the Pueblo Resv, including 12 and 13 inchers
last spring. Unfortunately I've never caught more than a couple at a time, and rarely in the same
place twice - very random. Jigs and wooly buggers catch them IF i can find them.

Sorry roadkill, I can't help with your question, I don't know any good spots.

But an equally good question is:

Does anybody know how the heck to find the crappies in Pueblo Resv ?

They are a blast to catch on light tackle.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hoping to work pueblo hard this year for the crappie but i want to take my mom on a trip this spring and crappie are her favorite so im looking for a place within a long days drive we can get into a mess of crappie for a couple days

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heck ya where do you think i learned!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone have any info on lovewell res in north central kansas. might head there for the spring bite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts