Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got off the cruise ship this morning and we are staying at a resort on Waikiki beach. I haven’t had a chance to fish, yet, but I took some video of a guy catching what he said was a nenue fish. (Kyphosus hawaiiensis) The video is sort of long but it’s got some killer views and the fish put up a hell of a fight for his light spinning tackle. Lots of drag peeling and spool palming. You can see the cruise ship I just got off the the background. (the Norwegian Pride of America) I saw sea turtles right before this guy got bit. I’m hoping to get some fishing in tomorrow and I will do my best. Hawaii is amazing. I honestly want to move here now. Buddy said they catch bones, GTs, cudas and all sorts of stuff from this jetty. It’s right behind the hotel. My family and I are visiting Pearl Harbor tomorrow but as soon as I get back, I’m gonna try to scrounge up some gear and see what I can catch. We’ll see. I made the mistake of not bringing any gear with me thinking it’d be easy to rent but the couple places I’ve called so far don’t do rentals. I’m kicking myself for not bringing a rod or two. If you listen to the video, you can hear the guy say he’s going to make a poke and eat the fish raw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02XjTOoiaIk

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice. I've never been there. When I go to Florida, I just pack a reel and some tackle. I hit walmart for a cheap rod. And when I leave, I just give the rod away. Just makes it easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts