Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I usually fished from the side but would like to learn to fish from the boat. I have been searching all day for info on this but could not find good info. I walked around the Bass Pro shop in Denver and all the stuff made my head spin. What I would like to know is, What lures to use when trawling What to use when the boat is angered, what bait to cast out and retrieve

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bollie, just use the seach button on this site and search for anything you want to know. Use keywords like trolling, crankbaits, etc. etc. etc.  This site has great info. Just take anything I wrote with a huge grain of salt. ;D
After reading threads and posts for awhile you'll figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is telling fish stories.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
[Author=FishEyes link=topic=6485.msg60902#msg60902 date=1142042820]
Bollie, just use the seach button on this site and search for anything you want to know. Use keywords like trolling, crankbaits, etc. etc. etc. This site has great info. Just take anything I wrote with a huge grain of salt. ;D
After reading threads and posts for awhile you'll figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is telling fish stories.
Credibility is directly related to the number of stars by a person's name. 8)

This is coming from somebody whose only aspiration in life is to reach the 5 star level which should happen any day now...

Seriously, that's good advice from fisheyes. From my experience, most folks here are very interested in trying to help and there is very little smoke blown...

L

·
0 Posts
Good luck in your fishing journey, there is no destination, you'll never know everything. Fish as much as possible, and read up when you can't fish.

I would start by buying a few smaller Rapala's in maybe some type of trout pattern. Trolling with that and you'll most likely catch something. Watch other fishing boats and where they are fishing. Don't crowd them but take note, that might be a spot for you to try sometime.

If I had to go buy one lure to fish from a boat with, it would be a countdown Rapala in perch pattern and I would troll with it to start. With the same lure you can anchor and cast it around structure to catch fish with also. Thats mainly for trout, but trout are easy to catch.

Have fun.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
work2fish said:

This is coming from somebody whose only aspiration in life is to reach the 5 star level which should happen any day now...
I think Work2fish meant, credibility is inversely related to the number of stars by a person's name.

Don't bring banana's, Dan, or Zman, and you will do fine.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
TAL0362 said:
work2fish said:

I think Work2fish meant, credibility is inversely related to the number of stars by a person's name.

Terre, since you have the maximum 5 stars by your name should we take that as meaning you are full of it also? :) :)

Dan

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Bollie nothing is better then time on the water. My suggestion is to try some where small like brush hollow. That will get your confidence up. All so Spinney early season is a great place to catch some dumb trout. Just tie a tube jig (rootbeer color) on and throw it all day. Or troll around the lake all day with any number of trout lures. Casty's, rouges, rapalas, they all work.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wow! she never liked me (the urban legend curse thingee)...but what did you do to get on her bad side Dan?...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I have stars by my name?? Oh, so I do... I'm feeling pretty important right now! I guess I'm going to have to straighted out my act... no more poking fun at moderators! :'(

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I'm serious about this Jay, I am going to be responsible now... five stars.... The most stars I have ever had was one star, it was blue, in third grade... no more comments about Dan's diminutive walleye or Zman's Dan doll, no siree...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow Thank you all for the info. I am going to print this an take it to bass pro shop and ask them to get me the stuff that was mentioned. I grew up in South Africa and did a lot of fishing there but fishing in the US is a total different ballgame. Fishing there is going for the biggest carp or catfish and bait is dough balls corn and ertwurms (like night crawlers). Some people do fly fishing but that was the guys that only drink whisky and soda. ;D ::) Trolling is only done in salt water

1 - 15 of 15 Posts