Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

in the playoffs again do you want him as the new coach of your Denver Broncos?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure Elway wants him since he is used to Gary being his personal biootch...and it will happen if Kubes gets fired...me I am all for it...with pretty decent talent with the Texans team he hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 5 years and has remained in that glorius purgatory area I would love for the Broncos for eternity...come on hire Kubes!...cuz he cant coach a lick...once on offensive coordinator always an offensive coordinator...

Kind of a Norv Turner Lite!!...bwahaahahahahahahahhahaaa

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoil sports!... :'( :'(

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Ok, I'll bite on this one....

First things first.... DON'T WIN ANY MORE GAMES THIS YEAR

Hire Kubs, sign him to a 3 yr deal. Call Gruden, tell him to be in Denver in the Spring of 2014 (that way he can get his fill of MNF). Kubs knows a thing or 2 about being a decent backup QB, he can coach up Tebow to the same leve he himself achieved. Let Kubs drown in inconsistency for 3 years while stockpiling a decent roster (He has a really GOOD team in Houston)

Hire Big John as GM, and tell HIM to draft the best QB available this spring. Then tell HIM that this guy starts, no matter what, in 2011. Through hell or high water, this new QB STARTS next fall. Period.

Play it out for 3 years, Kubs will lose interest, and the team will lose games (but not as many as this freaking outfit). Bring in Gruden to win with talent brought in by others, go to Superbowl in 2015, win it. Gruden walks, the team goes through 5 or 6 more years of crap.

Repeat Repeat Repeat

Best Regards

The Mayor

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Hobie died and reincarnated as BeadHeadRed...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Kubiak... :D 6 and 10...8 and 8...8 and 8...9 and 7...and now 5 and 7...

You all run McDaniels out of town after a year and a half...and now you want Kubiak... :D Unbelievable.....

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
hobiecat said:

You all run McDaniels out of town after a year and a half...and now you want Kubiak... :D Unbelievable.....
Looks to me like the vast majority says they'd not want him here...myself included.

So, not sure which thread you're reading... ???

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Just to be clear. I didn't have a major problem with some of the ways that MCD ran the offense and made offensive play calls. I had a problem with the personnel decisions he made.

I think mcd will be successful somewhere that he has a good defensive coordinator and makes a minimal impact in the personnel department. Same goes for kubs. They are offensive guys. The difference between kub and mcd is that kubs personnel decision making....bring guys in...and shipping guys out....has been sound. The texans are 5-7 because their defense is FOUL. But their picks in the draft since kub has been there haven't been bad at all IMO.

Williams
Cushing
Okoye
Ryans
...just to mention a few of the defensive guys he has gotten in there since 2006. The texan's haven't missed on too many top D picks since 2006.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
hobiecat said:

Actually, I didn't see much support for hiring Kub... I don't want another offensive minded coach...

Also, I really hope for a GM first, then a head coach.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Oyey said:
hobiecat said:

Actually, I didn't see much support for hiring Kub... I don't want another offensive minded coach...

Also, I really hope for a GM first, then a head coach.
Yep....

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Just to be clear. I didn't have a major problem with some of the ways that MCD ran the offense and made offensive play calls. I had a problem with the personnel decisions he made.

I think mcd will be successful somewhere that he has a good defensive coordinator and makes a minimal impact in the personnel department. Same goes for kubs. They are offensive guys. The difference between kub and mcd is that kubs personnel decision making....bring guys in...and shipping guys out....has been sound. The texans are 5-7 because their defense is FOUL. But their picks in the draft since kub has been there haven't been bad at all IMO.

Williams
Cushing
Okoye
Ryans
...just to mention a few of the defensive guys he has gotten in there since 2006. The texan's haven't missed on too many top D picks since 2006.
Agreed! I wish the Broncos could have figured out a way to keep McD in as Coach, but take away his personnel decision making! Bring in a GM to take care of that aspect! It really sucks to think we have to go through the process again!

Jim

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
McD's gone and we all know he's not coming back. But, I hear about how McD didn't make good personnel decisions. I really don't see it, remembering that every head coach misses on picks...

On offense a nice young nucleus.. You have Decker, Thomas, Walton, Beadles, Moreno, Tebow, and Quinn...(who has been playing well of late) He brought in Gaffney, and Lloyd. Even Orton and Brady Quinn are better backups than most teams can field. He resigned Kuper, and we still have Clady and Harris.

On defense... Ayers, Hunter, Mays, Vickerson, McBath, Bruton, Goodman, Dawkins, Williams, Cox, Vaugn, Syd, Fields...Still have Doom coming back....Yeah, we're still short on talent on this side of the ball, and I'm sure that will be addressed this season. A couple of D-lineman, a safety, another rush linebacker...maybe a Mike...Unlike the past two years...this draft is loaded will D-line talent..

There was no way to get it all done in a year and a half, but we're much closer than we were before McDaniels arrived....This wasn't supposed to be a one, or two year plan...that's why he signed a four year contract...but fans are impatient..and the owner of a billion dollar business was a wimp.

Here's hoping we hire a good coach and GM that can continue to build upon a foundation that's been laid, and here's hoping the fans will give him time to do the job...I'm thinking maybe Ron Rivera.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
hobiecat said:
McD's gone and we all know he's not coming back. But, I hear about how McD didn't make good personnel decisions. I really don't see it, remembering that every head coach misses on picks...

On offense a nice young nucleus.. You have Decker, Thomas, Walton, Beadles, Moreno, Tebow, and Quinn...(who has been playing well of late) He brought in Gaffney, and Lloyd. Even Orton and Brady Quinn are better backups than most teams can field. He resigned Kuper, and we still have Clady and Harris.

On defense... Ayers, Hunter, Mays, Vickerson, McBath, Bruton, Goodman, Dawkins, Williams, Cox, Vaugn, Syd, Fields...Still have Doom coming back....Yeah, we're still short on talent on this side of the ball, and I'm sure that will be addressed this season. A couple of D-lineman, a safety, another rush linebacker...maybe a Mike...Unlike the past two years...this draft is loaded will D-line talent..

There was no way to get it all done in a year and a half, but we're much closer than we were before McDaniels arrived....This wasn't supposed to be a one, or two year plan...that's why he signed a four year contract...but fans are impatient..and the owner of a billion dollar business was a wimp.

Here's hoping we hire a good coach and GM that can continue to build upon a foundation that's been laid, and here's hoping the fans will give him time to do the job...I'm thinking maybe Ron Rivera.
You've made some good points, but I'm calling BS on the whole rebuild thing. That was NEVER expressed by management or Josh. The expectation was he'd come in, and make Shanny's O better by getting them in the endzone. Everyone knew the weak link was the D. I can see tweaking the O a bit to make it work, but he pretty much ignored the D, and tore down the O.

Nolan coached up the D pretty well for the pieces he had to work with, but they we're gassed by the end of the season because the O couldn't sustain drives. That 6-0 start was directly related to the D...however, once teams caught up to us, and figured out the D, we got exposed...thus finishing 2-8 to close out the season.

Come into this season, and he reaches for two players in the first round, a hurt WR in Thomas, and a project QB in Tebow. Neither have contributed much this season, but both were first rounders.

Overall, I think the revolving door of coaches in the NFL is lame, so I wasn't on board with them firing McD. should have sucked it up, and let it ride...couldn't have been any worse than what it is now anyway. I would have preferred they would have relieved him of his overburden of responsibility, and just let him coach. I think he would have been a decent coach, given the right circumstances, but not the way the Broncos handed him the keys to the kingdom.

Stop making excuses for him, Hobie. This was not supposed to be a rebuild, the rebuild is a direct result of Josh's lack of maturity, for the given amount of power/control that he had. Nolan left (was run off) by him, and if you heard any of the players interviewed after he was fired, you heard some leanings toward him not knowing how to deal with people in a professional manner. Both Champ and Lloyd eluded to that point.

Josh is gone, now we again have to start from scratch. Here's to the Broncos doing the right thing with their power stucture, finally... And here's to the Broncos coming back to prominence sooner, rather than later.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
While I wouldn't mind him, I think he'd be setup to fail. He's a decent coach, but the situation in Denver needs a stop gap, somebody that can weather the storm of them rebuilding for another 3-4 years.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Kenny, if an honest owner ... and honest fans ... had looked at that 2008 team...They'd have known that we had to rebuild...Shanny had been patching holes for a decade. Yeah, the owner let down his coach and the fans by trying to sell them a bill of goods...and he succeeded..Had to keep the stadium filled...nobody wants to hear about rebuiding..same reason he fired McDaniels..

Cutler was lost when Shanny was fired...Marshall was a pain in the butt with only two touchdowns this season...I don't miss either of them...

I guess it's how you decide to build a team...I would guess that building an offense, installing the system, and gaining continuity would take more time than building a D... Hence...you address the offense first...Also, look back at the past two drafts and free agency...D-lineman drafted have not been standouts from either the drafts or from the free agency market. Other than maybe Julius Peppers who you would have had to break the bank to obtain...

Nolan...who really knows what happened. After game six...our defense sucked...think back to some of those loses and all of those rushing yards...and that was with a healthy Dumerville. I think there was some conflict between Nolan and McD because Nolan still wants to be a head coach...Miami may give him that opportunity.. I really don't know...

As far as the players...You know I read a lot about the broncos... and I haven't heard anything but good things about McDaniels from,anyone he coached.

What I see now is better talent on the team than we had in 08...Just young and inexperianced.

What's funny, even with better talent...now you're hearing how fans are ready for that rebuilding process...how patient they'll be... :D The new coach had better win quickly...or Woody Paige will be leading the masses back into the realm of insanity...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Two years ago they were known as a young up and coming team that just need to get a few defensive pieces to be great. One of the best offensive teams in the league stat wise, yeah they had some problems on third down, redsone, but that's was just how it goes for a young team. Probowl QB, Probowl WR, good TE, good RB, now they have none of them!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts