Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guy notice the light colored roofs on them? they used to be black so you can see the bottom easily. I wonder if the new ones are dark enough, to see the bottom of the lake ???

·
Registered
648 Posts
The gray material is thick and holds in more heat. I think its the same material they use on the thermal huts. They put it on the top as a cap keeping the heat from rising out. I fished in one last year at lake john and they are nice, if your looking to get one that Yukon insulated is the one id get. It was plenty dark inside

·
Registered
262 Posts
I found that several brand sled covers can fit over the top of the roof, held by bungee cords to the frame. Adds more darkness and some thermal barrier as well. Good place to keep it from blowing away in the wind or melting into the ice.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Loctite makes a rubberized paint you can paint the inside with. worked great on mine and much cheaper than a new cover. I had ACE order it for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jerry,

I look at the new clams all the time. There seating arrangement just get better all the time. Online the Clam Corp. was selling the light colored cover for $50. At that price I am a proud owner. Not sure of any advantage of light colored roofs. Maybe it helps in the transition going in and out of the hooch checking the 'other' pole. Going from the dark out to the bright of the light is taxing on my eyes.

Get ready for the ice. I was out elk hunting and Boulder lake (10,000 ft) in the Eagles Nest Wilderness area was solid. Chat with you soon.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts