Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has brought it up before, but it looks like there's a new Sportsman's Warehouse going in along Santa Fe at the River Point shopping area in Sheridan (just south of Hampden on Santa Fe). Went to Costco this morning and saw a big sign in front of the building. It's going in next to the Conn's Appliance Store.

Pretty close to my home and nice to see something like this on this side of town. I hope they do it up right.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Going to be great to have that new store so close. :)

It's just the other side of the cloverleaf from Discount Fishing. I hope they both do well. . .

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeh, I would hate to see discount get hurt. they aren't ideal, but they have been dependable for many years. any of you guy remember uncle miltys? I loved that place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never liked Discount Tackle. I've been in and out of the place multiple times over the years and I know they've tried to clean it up every once in a while. I haven't been in there in probably 4 or 5 years though so I may be due to go in. Just about every time I've been there to buy bait the crawlers are rotten, the leaches are old, and they're out of minnows. I mean seriously, the AA Trading Post (Ace Hardware) on Broadway south of Hampden is more dependable for bait.

Milt and Milty's was awesome. Absolutely loved that place and always felt welcome to go in there. Last I heard Milt is working at Eagle Claw (though he may be retired by now). I think the Wal-Mart going in where Cinderella City used to be put him out of business.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I have never liked Discount Tackle. I've been in and out of the place multiple times over the years and I know they've tried to clean it up every once in a while. I haven't been in there in probably 4 or 5 years though so I may be due to go in. Just about every time I've been there to buy bait the crawlers are rotten, the leaches are old, and they're out of minnows. I mean seriously, the AA Trading Post (Ace Hardware) on Broadway south of Hampden is more dependable for bait.

Milt and Milty's was awesome. Absolutely loved that place and always felt welcome to go in there. Last I heard Milt is working at Eagle Claw (though he may be retired by now). I think the Wal-Mart going in where Cinderella City used to be put him out of business.

Well you haven't been there in 4,5 years and you only went in every once in a while.......sounds like your opinion on discount is the best......you always gotta be that guy?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me, 20+ years ago when I moved into the neighborhood I kept giving it a chance. Then I found better stores. I only continued to go in there every once in a while because the service sucked. I'm not going to continue to spend my money at a place that provides poor product and poor service. That's why I've spent my money elsewhere and just drive right on buy.

This isn't about me being "that guy". It's about Discount Tackle not being up to par and me spending my money elsewhere where folks treat you right and you get what you pay for. Simple as that.

I mean the last thing you want to do on a Thursday or Friday night is drive around town looking for bait/tackle so you can start your weekend. I'm going to go to the place that's been consistently reliable as opposed to taking my chance and wasting my time.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I used to think that way Ed...give them another shot they have gotten worlds better...I will go in there for things I cant find anywhere else in town...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mark, I'll give it a shot sometime. I just have really bad memories of stopping in there, then having to make a mad dash to the pet store (that's no longer there) on Hart's Corner off of Sheridan and Morrison to pick up minnows, or then having to run to the PetsMart on Hampden for meal worms or nightcrawlers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts