Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been approached by a member here, steadyeddy, about a new site he has produced with weekly fishing articles and videos and would like to post it here for member feedback on certain ways it might be improved. I have checked his site out and feel it can be a very valuable resource to our members. What he is looking for...

For Example:

Would you visit the site every now and then, or do you like the idea of receiving these links in your inbox?

Should I include 'How-to' material? Or just interesting reads and videos?

And just general feedback in general.

I will let him intro the site name and welcome him here and hope we all can help him out and find his site helpful!

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

Here's the site: http://www.flowsweekly.com

So every week I spend a ton of time cruising the web (mostly during work) reading fly fishing articles and watching videos. I figured a lot of people are doing the same thing, and it would be nice to receive the best links in my inbox instead of searching for them.

I plan on picking the best articles and videos throughout the week and sending them to everyone in a single email on Friday.

I just hacked this thing together so I’m open to feedback.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
If you haven't already, I would start some way of "tagging" articles and videos so down the line when you have multiple weeks you can utilize a search function.

I would especially like to see a section that is a full compilation of all the videos you have posted. So someone can just scroll through vids only if they prefer that.

Personally, I'd like to see more than just fly fishing but I understand you are utilizing time that you've already spent looking for yourself.

Maybe you could find multiple partners to help expand into different sections. i.e. find a guy to compile soft water vids and ice fishing vids.

I didn't see an option for users to send you a link to an article or vid they'd like to see submitted.

Site is simple and looks good. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts