Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may not affect alot of you but i just went to purchase my 2006 fishing license and was told i could not get it because my drivers license does not show six months residency in colorado. what happens is since my license expired in sept and i did not keep my old one . instead i dis[posed of it like i was told, so now it only shows three months of residency even though ive been here 25 years. this problem is easyly rectified by showing some proof of residency however what ever you show you must carry with you. so just a word of warning to every one out there make sure you can prove your residency.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You could of just given your CID # from your old fishing license.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats not true epic tried that it didnt work. they must have varifiable proof that youve lived in the state the last six months. your old fishing license doesnt give them that, just wanted to warn people that are in similar situation as me, just depends on when your drivers license was renewed.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I tried to give them my CID from my 2005 license thining they could just punch it in and get all the information. According to the guy at the "big box" it would not work that way. Funny thing is after he punched all of my information in for address, name, etc. it pulled up my hunter safety and CID#.

So tell me is the guy who was helping me just a goof ball and not knowing how the system worked or did they complicate things?

It cost me $51. I can buy full year non-resident in SD for $65! I hope my money is going to good use........Its gonna cost me $87 total for my wife and me......

I used to buy my kids their licenses every year for Christmas and get their State parks passes. Now I can't afford to.

Woe is me........ :'(

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan said:
I tried to give them my CID from my 2005 license thining they could just punch it in and get all the information. According to the guy at the "big box" it would not work that way. Funny thing is after he punched all of my information in for address, name, etc. it pulled up my hunter safety and CID#.
Ive bought mine the last 2 years and my replacement one at the DOW just by giving them my CID so I think it depends on the person behind the box.

·
Registered
935 Posts
littlemac said:
well thats not true epic tried that it didnt work. they must have varifiable proof that youve lived in the state the last six months. your old fishing license doesnt give them that, just wanted to warn people that are in similar situation as me, just depends on when your drivers license was renewed.
I just got licenses for 2006 last week without showing my license, and I got one for my wife who wasn't even present - with no ID. I just walked up to the counter with both of our 2005 licenses, and everybody was happy.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i think it definetely depends on who is selling them to you, some people just like to make it diffucult for other people, i think it makes them feel better to make other people have a hard time. i also got licences for me and my girlfriend and all i showed them was our old licenses.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I think its just a question of knowing what you are doing. I am sure after a month they will have things figured out and it will go much faster.......

Dan

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Oh joy I have to buy a license soon I forgot. Dang so much money going to save the chubs......oh well gotta be legal.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Lots of money for chubs (but some federal assistance there, too), but even more for producing lots of stocker trout! My favorite! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts