Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sunday Post will have all the new regs outlined that were voted on Thursday and  will be become law in 2006. Charlie meyers is going to list them all.

·
Banned
487 Posts
For those who seriously would like to fight some of the new regulations, lets do it. I am starting right now. And for those of you who think I'm tactless, just watch me do it in an ethical, dignified manner without shouting or being nuts.

I

·
0 Posts
i would love to see you do something instead of idle rhetoric.  go for it. 
please keep us up to date on what "YOU" are doing.  i will be your biggest supporter.  it was just totally amazing to a new comer to this forum to see you bla-bla-bla, then look through the archieves and see the same thing - all about CDOW.  i am not attacking you - cuz if i did, you would know it.  i just don't see a shred of value in your stirring and i am speaking out on your hyped up wheel spinning rhetoric.  others plainly have seen it too.  its not that one can't oppose or be passionate about something on a forum such as this, but blowing hot air just gets old.  i realize you probably see even this reply as an attack but why would i attack you and why would others be darn near pleased someone fnally called you out if it ain't so?
go on man, take some action, change things, go get 'em - that will be the way to make good.

·
Banned
487 Posts
I LUV CDOW said:
i would love to see you do something instead of idle rhetoric.  go for it. 
please keep us up to date on what "YOU" are doing.  i will be your biggest supporter.  it was just totally amazing to a new comer to this forum to see you bla-bla-bla, then look through the archieves and see the same thing - all about CDOW.  i am not attacking you - cuz if i did, you would know it.  i am speaking out on your hyped up wheel spinning rhetoric.  others plainly have seen it too.  its not that one can't oppose or be passionate about something on a forum such as this, but blowing hot air just gets old.  i realize you probably see even this reply as an attack but why would i attack you and why would others be darn near pleased someone fnally called you out if it ain't so?
go on man, take some action, change things, go get 'em - that will be the way to make good.
Nope I don't take that as a personal attack.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This forum appears to have a wonderful diversity of voices with the same thing in common - we deeply care about fishing in Colorado as a successful and sustainable resource.  As such our opinions on issues like the new fishing regs should be considered by those who make those rules.

If "Ice In The Veins" could put together a petition in cooperation with the Moderators I would like to offer my signature.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I thought the first sentence was extremely interesting:

"Meeting in Lamar on Thursday, the commission ratified a compromise with the Colorado Walleye Association that protects small walleye in more than a dozen eastern Colorado waters. "

Here appears to be an example showing that it might be possible to form a group identity that the DOW would listen to and cooperate with. I don't know how big the CWA is, but they apparently succeeded in getting the DOW's ear, and got the DOW to work cooperatively with them. That word, "compromise" really caught my eye, and gives some hope for future interactions.

I would like to see us cultivate some kind of positive contact with the DOW just in case we come up with some issue that we want to "work" with them on. Of course I have no idea what that might be... ;D
W. E.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
if i remmber someone from the cwa posted a copy of a letter they sent to the dow regarding that issue it would make a good reread for those interested in approaching the dow on other issue unfortunatley i have been unable to relocate the post, any help?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
if i remmber someone from the cwa posted a copy of a letter they sent to the dow regarding that issue it would make a good reread for those interested in approaching the dow on other issue unfortunatley i have been unable to relocate the post, any help?
That was against the new regulation that the CWA proposed.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ePiC said:
roadkill said:
That was against the new regulation that the CWA proposed.
do you have the link id like to reread it

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you the man
thanks

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
yes there was a man from cwa here at the meeting in lamar on the 31 of august

i didnt make it to the meeting but i did go and talk to jim
the next day to ask how it went he said it went well
but there was one man [cwa] that was very agresive about some of the walleye rules they want to add

·
Registered
380 Posts
Clearly,
The regs. are accurate. The idea is to minimize the wild fish protected area mortaility rate. The statistics don't lie. They would do the same if a specific type of fly or lure was more dangerous.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Wind Knot said:
Clearly,
The regs. are accurate.  The idea is to minimize the wild fish protected area mortaility rate.  The statistics don't lie.  They would do the same if a specific type of fly or lure was more dangerous.
you talk about the "statistics" can you post these statistic or link to them i keep hearing about statistics and studies but just mention of them but no links to them if you havent read them kinda hard to accept them

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just realized the new walleye regs have changed the slot from 18 to 15 inch minimum on eye's at Aurora Res.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Grumpa said:
This forum appears to have a wonderful diversity of voices with the same thing in common - we deeply care about fishing in Colorado as a successful and sustainable resource.  As such our opinions on issues like the new fishing regs should be considered by those who make those rules.

If "Ice In The Veins" could put together a petition in cooperation with the Moderators I would like to offer my signature.
First I have to see if a ballot measure can be used to to overturn a wildlife comission rule. If so I will ask Ken to post a petition.

·
Banned
487 Posts
They approved scented plastics bans without biological evidence, only hearsay. Now they also ban bait on the Gunnison River below Gunnison to eliminate "confusion" on the rules.
The direction this  organization has taken is intolerable and I for one will not tolerate it. I am going to keep fighting and try everything I can to rid this state of the current wildlife comission, which is doing us a flagrant disservice.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
... He briefly summarizes some of the changes, but does not provide full detail, unfortunately.
When we attended the round table discussion earlier this month, they also handed everyone a copy of the new regs with the wording changes and struck-out lines. This document was to become the 2006 Fishing Brochure. If you have questions on the specific wording of any of the sections, let me know and I can post the text from my copy...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts