Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the "wrong" spot, but I am exited! I just got word from Rainy's that they will be doing two more of my patterns this year, in addition to the "Faerie Circus" that they already produce.

They will be adding the "Wolverine" in this color:

This has been an awesome producer for myself and a select group of my friends for a few years, and I am very happy to have it going out into the world.

Also, they are doing the "Go-Go Dancer" in the following colors:

I think you stillwater guys can see how sick this bug is. It is a newer pattern than the Wolverine, but it is a good one that works VERY well for fish keyed on chironomids. Now we just need to source a stouter hook so folks can fish it on 2X... ;)

Cheers!

SS

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fishful Thinker said:
Grat's - those are both beautiful flies. You should make a streamer with a weighted body coated in that clear-coat on the go-go dancer. CL
You mean a Rapala? Ha ha... :D

Thanks for the feedback. Your opinion is of course held in high regard. I have not yet designed many streamers, I will get around to it one of these days.

Cheers!

SS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, I spent a bunch of time with Kelly Galloup at ISE and he is all about copying famous hardbaits with his flies. That sweet clearcoat on the go-go got me thinking.

With your obvious nymph design and tying skills, I wouldn't get in too big a hurry to work on streamers. CL

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Fishful Thinker said:
Well, I spent a bunch of time with Kelly Galloup at ISE and he is all about copying famous hardbaits with his flies. That sweet clearcoat on the go-go got me thinking.

With your obvious nymph design and tying skills, I wouldn't get in too big a hurry to work on streamers. CL
I dug through kelly's boxes during the show and he ties some sick stuff. He spoke about his patterns and how he designs them in his seminar, I was already not too far off the mark on how I design them, but he got into the science behind it a little more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts