Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am a new guy from north of Brighton. I am new to fishing in Co but i am planning on trying to find a few places aside from the overfished places i can find online. I have a 2007 jeep Jk and was planning on heading up near Loch Lomand and i have heard from a buddy he had success at Chinns lake as well as Sherwin lake but they seem overfished just by doing a quick google search. Any locations close to there youd reccomend? thank you!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Loch Lomond isn't "overfished" compared to other trout lakes... You need 4x4 and high clearance to get in, so Chaz McFreeley and his pot smoking California buddies with their Subaru sport don't stand much of a chance making it up there in a vehicle. There are also lakes you can hike to FROM Loch.

St Marys is up that way, as is Fall River Res. Beautiful country, but go on a week day.

I was raised in Brighton on S. 13th St. At the Egbert intersection. Miss that place.

You have good catfishing within 10 miles of your house. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got 35s full suspension and lockers so I should be good! I guess I'll head up there tomorrow and give it a shot. I also need to look into the catfishing you speak of!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
As a kid my grandpa used to take me out to these little mud hole ponds out east. I don't think they are there anymore, but lots of mudcat.

There are 2 or 3 solid catfish holes in Adams County. ;). The search function on here is excellent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Loch Lomond isn't "overfished" compared to other trout lakes... You need 4x4 and high clearance to get in, so Chaz McFreeley and his pot smoking California buddies with their Subaru sport don't stand much of a chance making it up there in a vehicle. There are also lakes you can hike to FROM Loch..........

MY Subaru made it to the 2nd gate but it was still locked. Then again I have a 3 1/2" lift and oversized tires too. :cool: I plan on going all the way to the top next week after the the 2nd gate opens. It was actually supposed to open today July 15. I was just there last week and caught a nice brookie.

Scottie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts