Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discount Fishing Tackle in Denver has free lessons every Saturday at 4pm during the warmer months. Right now they have free ice fishing classes every Saturday.

Not sure when they'll switch back to fly fishing classes. You could always give them a call.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Dallas you might be new to town but hot damn your a wealth of knowledge around here.
The guy lurks way more than Opry. That's proof they are not one and the same. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
FFF instructor

Call Charlie's FlyBox (That's who I used), or any shop for that matter, and ask who they recommend for a FFF (Federation of Fly Fishers) certified instructor. In 30 minutes for around $50 they will help you tremendously if you're new.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
A lot of fly shops will give you a lesson if you buy a rod from them. If they don't offer it use it to bargain with them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fly Fishing show this weekend at the Merchandise Mart (58th and I-25) pretty sure they are offering classes all weekend

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I hear that oyey guy is really nice and helpful. Might want to pm him

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
I appreciate the compliment.

Multiple members have compared me to Opry... he must be a pretty cool guy!
This is Opry, his wife Whitney sang with him a lot also and she has a great voice...

sorry for the hack!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Toni dated Oprah/opry for a bit. Besides that he might have been the worst fisherman ever.

Send a PM to Oyey, he's looking to expand his "friends" list.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I appreciate the compliment.

Multiple members have compared me to Opry... he must be a pretty cool guy!
Haha! He's a good guy. BTW, I was complimenting you when I said you were a better lurker. Opry was not slow by any standard, but you seem to be a slightly faster learner. Might just be experience though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts