Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I'm new to this site and am interested in finding someone in need of a fishing partner...originally from the Midwest so my heart lies in the pursuit of smallies and walleyes...I haven't had the opportunity to chase either since moving here to CO (approx. 5 years) so I'm chomping at the bit...also, I'm landlocked (no boat) so hopefully you have one!!!

And before anybody shoots off a funny reply, I know this kind of sounded like a "personal ad", but don't worry I'm taken and she doesn't fish...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Sealer,

Welcome to the site.

There will be people looking for someone to split gas with on occasion. Myself for example, when my regular fishing partner is working out of town.

Terre

D

·
0 Posts
Very infrequently do I need a partner but for others out there, where are you based out of?

Makes it easier for all if both parties are located in the same part of the state.

T

·
0 Posts
hey sealer -
welcome!
i am with you on nipping the sass comment in the bud - before this gets sounding like a personal chat room - yep, i am taken too and my wife (she)does not fish either - imagine a canuck born and raised in prime walleye territory that hates fishing?
i too am from the midwest (ohio). i have been out here for almost 2 years. i have not found a "warm water" (as they call it out here) partner yet to fish for walleye, bass etc. i joined cwa (colorado walleye assoc.) to fish for walleye and tournaments, but could not locate a partner - or at least a compatible one. i have a nice boat, actually trying to sell it since it never gets used - but would rather keep it and use it. i am game for getting the boat rigged up and heading to glendo, a few nice lakes in kansas and some of the desparate waters local.
send me an email with more details.

thanks,

thom

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW...I'm in Lakewood and don't have a problem with splitting gas...tomcat, I'll get you an email in the next couple of days...I truly can't believe that I didn't find this site earlier...a couple of midwest boys throwin' for 'eyes could spell trouble for the "warm water" western guys....lol

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
sealer4412

Welcome to the site, glad you have joined us.

This is the site to be at if you're a Colorado angler. There's a diverse crowd of anglers here which is a good thing. Fly fishermen, bait fishermen, bait dunkers, bass fishermen, trout only fellas, wiper gurus, walleye chasing soldiers, pan fishermen, any-type o' fish fishermen, rookie-type-fishermen, experienced fishermen, crazy-fish-too-much-&-need-help-fishermen (I'm one of these), fish huggin fishermen, I-hug-fish-moderately-fishermen, catfish kings, catch-&-release-only fishermen, catch & eat fishermen, ice fishermen, lunch-break fishermen, fisherwomen, I'm-retired-I'll-fish-til-the-end-fishermen, young, old, middle-aged etc..... The list goes on..

All that matters is we're all fishermen! This is a good place on the internet to see up to date reports, discuss techniques, locations and even catch a new sub-fever within the fever itself. This site has even helped some anglers add variety to what's on the end of their lines.

Personally, I think the best part of it is you're not talking to 'professional TV screen tourney champions', but You're talking to some real down to earth local anglers who all have their own styles and techniques like yourself. Once again, welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
props to 1eye on his reply...after perusing some of the past posts I thought that this would be the perfect forum for me...not only can I gain new info on "true trout fishing", but I may be able to help someone else with typical avenues for chasing fish that are abundant where I originated...honestly, I would never have thought that some guys didn't know the fine art and differences of vertical jigging and/or horizontal jigging for tropy walleyes/smallmouth...just like I don't know the difference between a 6wt or 4wt(?) or a woolly bugger or a new caddis (hope I got those right)...I appreciate everyone welcoming me and look forward to making new friends...BTW, I'm planning my '06 trip to Canada (NW Ontario) if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
a couple of midwest boys throwin' for 'eyes could spell trouble for the "warm water" western guys....lol
I know you were kidding...I am a midwestern Minnesota boy...these walleyes dont always behave like midwestern walleyes...I think the structureless bowls called reservoirs weird them out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I heard...just like jigging a soup bowl...still willing to chase 'em though...I'm actually reallly after the new CO State Record for smallmouth...been reading alot about Quincy and I'm pretty excited...seriously though, if there is anyone out there who is interested in "practicing" the art of jigging (non-Florida) let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts