Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas. I am relatively new to flyfishing. I used to live out on the eastern plains an first got a fly rod a few years ago. Just never had the opportunity to really fly fish. Now that I am up on the front range, living in Parker, I have a lot mor opportunity to go after some trout.

I was hoping some of you guys may suggest some easier waters to start on in th area, that is until I get my fly legs back so to speak. Also any suggestion on any fly shops in the south metro area that could be a good resource.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello Schemy, im also new to fly fishing and Bass Pro Shops has done me well on my fly gear. Its located on the northeast corner of Interstate 70 and Quebec Street. You may use the Quebec Street exit either direction off of I-70 and Southbound I-270. There is no exit to the center when traveling I-270 Northbound. You must stay on I-70 westbound and exit on Quebec Street North.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome Schemy!  As far as local fly shops go I think there are a couple of different choices.  I believe Complete Angler and Denver Angler are located in your area.  I'm not real sure about the people at Complete Angler, but Rick Typher at Denver Angler is a real nice guy.  He's a real down to earth guy.   

As far as water to fish the Platte is just up the road a bit from you.  You have your choice of either below Chatfield or Waterton Canyon is just up the street as well.  I hope this helps some.   :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi, Schemy,
I don't know fly shop near parker but I do know that Waterton canyon is a good spot. Specially, in the summer time. You can fish from the parking lot upstream into the canyon or bring a mountain bike and fishing the upper portion of the river.
Another good beginner water is Clear Creek in Clear Creek Canyon.
Have fun.

Vincent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I will have to hit up some of those places. Hopefully I can get out on the water soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Anglers All "would be a great one for you to go to... Most of the guys I have meant in the fly shop at bass pro could not tell the diff between there a$$ and a fly (not all though)...   The guys at Anglers All are down to earth.. and the main thing is they carry some of the best brands of fly rods according to me  ;D  Winston, Scott, Sage, ETC... But I know they would point you in the right direction... there off hwy 85 and Bellview

1 - 6 of 6 Posts