Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..I've been in Colorado for 6 months having moved from Iowa and have finally gotten the chance to do some fishing..No fish yet, but hey it beats work..! I'm located in Loveland and am looking for catfish.. Any places near me I gotta hit..? Thanks for any info and thanks for having me.

shunt

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Where in Iowa? My wife and I grew up near Onawa.

Boyd Lake has good catfish in it, haven't seen any come out over 20 lbs. though. Smaller reservoirs west of town have decent catfish as well, such as Lonetree, Lon Hagler, and (so they say) Boedecker. All within a few minutes drive of Loveland. Since you're in Colorado now, you might as well learn to catch trout as well as catfish.

Regards, W. E.

P. S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walking eagle, We're from south eastern Iowa, Ottumwa...Thanks for the info..I'm looking for nice eatin' size cats. Anything over 8lbs I usually throw back anyway.. I used to trout fish in the mountains of California as a kid and have tried it once since I've been out here. Again no fish, oh well. At some point I'm gonna have to try the fly fishing thing. Although since I can't walk and chew gum at the same time it might prove daunting... ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts