Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got back into fishing a few years ago, I was determined to learn everything I could to be a more successful angler. So, I delved into all types of techniques I had seen, heard or read about. That lead to my "obsession" with new lures and baits. As most of us know that can get damn expensive....

While I have a few many types of lures I use from time to time; nothing gives more joy than working plastics. The problem I've found with using plastics is finding a quality jig head that doesn't have the eyes painted shut, comes with shitty hooks or paints that flake off after banging just a few rocks. Those that don't fall into the categories above are hard to find locally, take too long to arrive via mail or cost more because of shipping.

Here's where my new hobby comes in....

I started pouring lead and powder coating my own jigs.

For those of you interested in supporting a local small business; give me a shout or check out "Get Jiggy With It" on Facebook. I have 7 different styles of jigs (and counting) over 30 colors of paints, 4 different brands of hooks in different sizes.

For those who mention Colorado Fishing Forum in their messages/orders I will give a 10% discount on all of your orders.

I am not trying to get rich or grow a huge business. Just cover costs and provide people with a quality local product. It's just a hobby...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sounds interesting.
If I wasn't strictly a fly guy I'd order some.

I'm guessing tungsten isn't very popular with the "spinning crowd"?
On the fly side, most of the heavy weighted heads are tungsten.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ah the good old water beds. The motion in the ocean!

Ninja, Looks like some quality jigs!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Back in the day, my best friend was working out of town for a couple of months. When he got back his girlfriend was coming to see him and he told me "I'm going to get some waves going on that bed you could surf on."

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks to those who have ordered jigs, like the page or shared it with someone. I appreciate it.

First three orders going out to the "South Park Posse".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts