Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to hit antero, with my best friend. he backed out. exhausted which was a bummer bc we always hit the lake.
ice is anywere from 2 to 4.5 or a tad thicker imo on the outer edges of the lake. if your thick well scoot along. saw two go in eight inches heading to shore. windy ice is melting by mid day holes expand quite a bit. water is very murky and greenish. cant see the bottom in 4 feet i was in. there is open water walking out.
hut test rocked, hut catches fish, and took the antero wind! razor thanks. that huts gonna get used..... heres one of the small ones. i let all my catches go today. great day testing the hut, catching.
Brat

·
Registered
161 Posts
Glad you were ok and your hut did good. Sounds like the ice is thinner at Antero than 11 Mile and with that being said, we have done our last ice fishing Friday nite at the Mile. Would be scarey to watch someone fall through. Hope everyone uses care if they hit the ice anymore this season!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah fortunately im alot less weight than most fisherman around me so i get to sit next to ice they cant. O0 heres a few snaps of my day. hut worked great held antero wind. its a keeper. this is walking out onto the lake to get to the spot. open water in the boat ramp. ice is and was melting very fast.

heres a few i got snaps of all i released. and ice walking out on antero. people were walking through trying to get to their cars from the lake by the end of the day. btw.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figured id make it as informative as i could. lake is melting.... ice off pontoon boat coming. if i had gas id be hitting antero tomarrow.... fishing is so fun double digiting it. the camera doesnt do the antero fish justice. they are vibrant.
Brat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats man. On both the fish and the shanty. I forgot to tell ya the shanty catches fish. Its fun for one person and you can carry everything you need in it and be very mobile. Maybe next year we will see you on the ice!!!

Razorsedge

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yes you will. heck im still not done now. antero should still be good a bit, and granby i just read is fishing.... just need petrol in the diesel. lol. burnt about 70$ that day. shoulda packed my gear and hit granby.
the hut worked great. you should have seen peoples faces as free bird was blaring out my hut, and fish were splashing during all the songs. :)
Brat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts