Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the area of Broomfield/Boulder and looking for local spots for Pike! I fly fish and also spearfish! So would be looking for places to spear them at! I eat anything I kill! Thx guys!

·
P I K E
10,263 Posts
Sorry to tell ya but you won't get much info here for spear or bow fishing! Not real popular topic here especially for pike. We stress conservation of pike here pretty much as the big ones are few and far between and the ones most of us know of we protect!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to tell ya but you won't get much info here for spear or bow fishing! Not real popular topic here especially for pike. We stress conservation of pike here pretty much as the big ones are few and far between and the ones most of us know of we protect!
I'm not looking to decimate them lol.... ibwoukd love to just be able to get one to eat! I did read where they're invasive and can be speared anywhere like carp

·
P I K E
10,263 Posts
Well good luck!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
either one you should get a lot of attention from admirers at either lake but think ladora is the best let us know how it goes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
either one you should get a lot of attention from admirers at either lake but think ladora is the best let us know how it goes
I figured you'd have some more bullshit to tell me! Why would you advise people to do highly illegal **** at these locations!!! Get bent dude!

·
Registered
162 Posts
play stupid games win stupid prizes…. Drive over to Nebraska and you will find plenty of pike lakes. The pike in Colorado have been targeted for removal by the division of wildlife for decades so your catch and kill spearing aspirations are a little tone deaf. I suggest you look into carp if you’re looking for spear or bow fishing opportunities around Boulder county.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Unless you are chasing carp bow/spear fishing, no one here will give you info. Fish, especially larger fish, are under a lot of pressure in Colorado. Nebraska and Kansas have a lot more water, and a lot less pressure, so that is why you'll get told to go there. Also you got to earn trust, good luck repairing that now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless you are chasing carp bow/spear fishing, no one here will give you info. Fish, especially larger fish, are under a lot of pressure in Colorado. Nebraska and Kansas have a lot more water, and a lot less pressure, so that is why you'll get told to go there. Also you got to earn trust, good luck repairing that now.
"Earn trust.... n have trouble repairing that now" lol.... I was the one told to go to places where it's illegal to spearfish!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
"Earn trust.... n have trouble repairing that now" lol.... I was the one told to go to places where it's illegal to spearfish!!!
You lost trust saying you were spear fishing first. If you would've searched spear fishing on this site you would've known how disliked it was. Top it all of, I don't see any participation before asking for free info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts