Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone has used any cool new lures like the x rap or kicktail Im thinking of ordering a few kicktails but I am not sure if its worth 10 dollars a lure

I want lures that catch fish not fisherman

thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
There are no majic lures. ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Lures are only as good as the person fishing them. Try and find what the fish are eating and use lures that mimic their food. Color and size are very important.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I love the X-rap. I saw an ad for the new x-rap jointed. Havnt seen them in stores though.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have had excellent results with the x-rap so far this spring on LM Bass. It has been great for cold water because it has a wide wobble that is nice when fished slowly and since it suspends you can use a slow retrieve-pause type action and really get fish to nail it. I haven't tried it with faster retrieves (as in warm water summer conditions) yet so I don't know how it does there.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Agree that the perch x-rap is good for walleye at Chatfield. The size 10 x-rap has been around for a couple of years. The size 8 x-rap in new this year. Not sure how the jointed ones will work. They are pretty big (size 13)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
goodtimes

I ordered the kicktail last year. Didn't catch anything with them, however, never allowed them much time for usage either. They're a little big for local waters and I spend most my time on local waters chasing the average sized fish. Places I'd try these kicktails are ponds with good populations of larger sized bass. I'd definately try em at a big wiper lake like Pueblo or something especially due to the fact that the shape and color of the lure resembles a shad. Very good action on the lure though, no doubt.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
674 Posts
I sure like the x raps. I just picked up a sardine color made for saltwater and it is awesome. I also have done well with other colors. The trout at aurora won't leave them alone and the bass around my place hit them like they haven't eatin in months.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have fished from Asia, Europe, Africa & North America. The lure that I find that catches fish consistently every where is. Drum Roll.....................................................................................................................................Night Crawler.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I like to X-Rap as well. I haven't used them too much but I did catch a nice wiper on one last year. The new lure that I am excited about is the new M2-SP Flatfish. Flatfish are by far my most favorite and productive lure and this new one is a diver that dives up to 20 ft without any weights. Hopefully this will help me catch my muskie this year by diving deep at Gross.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts