Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I said months ago I would put up a report on the new Terrova after I got it installed and actually got on the water to use it. Well yesterday finally got a chance to get out and test it. The installation was fairly easy considering this new model has a Heading Sensor Puck that has to be mounted in a certain way and before use on the water the sensor has to be paired to the motor. Once upon the water the you have to set the Heading Sensor calibration for the I-Pilot then set the Heading Sensor offset. Kind of PITA but after using the motor well worth it! It is the best investment of late for the boat, LUV IT! This new motors Spot Lock is worlds above the last model, faster to set and keeps you on spot hundreds times better than last model. It also has a Spot Lock jog mode on it to where after you set and fish move you can hit a directional button and it moves you 5 feet in that direction, hit it again and 5 more feet and again. If you save the spots in memory you can hit another button and it takes you back to the original spot! The Auto Pilot worked great, kept us right on line and barely wandered. Another great thing is the stow away is so much easier as the stow mechanism is now spring loaded going down and coming up, no longer need 3 boys and a man to stow away when departing. I still need a lot more time with it to figure everything else out but I'm proud I didn't need to call my 10 year old grandson to come help me install and use!!! ;D :thumb:
Well worth the money, now if I can get out more and use it!!! :D

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also to note, the pedal if you use it now has a Spot Lock link on it. I don't use the pedal so do not have an update to add on the use.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also if you want to re-engage on a memory saved Spot Lock location you can go through the menu and find the desired spot lock and re-engage if you are within a quarter mile.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, actually we didn't know it was going on until I was at the inspection station leaving. I'm interested in seeing their results since we had a hard time and did not see much luck by others.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL!!! You'll LUV it Mike!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
No, actually we didn't know it was going on until I was at the inspection station leaving. I'm interested in seeing their results since we had a hard time and did not see much luck by others.
I heard 2ndhand...25 to 30 boats...only 6 legal fish weighed...winning boat weighed 3 fish...one of them an emaciated 28 inch 6 lber for the big fish...I heard Chatty has had problems with shad hatches this year...all 6 keepers caught on Shiver Minnows...congrats to the winner I was told the name but I am old and dont remember...didnt know the name...

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THX bud, we didn't recognize any of the other boats out there. Not many catching at all!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
you should have come to pueblo we got 40 eyes today and 6 wipers and5 SMB, I agree the new terova is great we had 4 boats with it and at times we were within 10 feet of each other, it was a lot of fun today

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would have been great to come down there but Mark was on call and had to stay local. Should pick up here soon I hope.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good review. I've been on 2 boats with the new terrova and I'm impressed with it's new precision and it's quiet. THat said, it sure moves a lot (the head unit) and I wonder how the durability will be with it moving about 4-5x as much as the old version. The lift assist is sweeeet. I'm a huge fan of the terrovas.... won't own a boat without one.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Good review. I've been on 2 boats with the new terrova and I'm impressed with it's new precision and it's quiet. THat said, it sure moves a lot (the head unit) and I wonder how the durability will be with it moving about 4-5x as much as the old version. The lift assist is sweeeet. I'm a huge fan of the terrovas.... won't own a boat without one.
I figured that out j. In auto pilot the new one has two choices. A new version of auto pilot and the "legacy" mode. I changed mine to legacy and it'd like the older ones when using auto pilot
Much much better

Love my new terrova. Worth the $1500 for sure
Although my foot pedal kept turning right the last day of the trip. It did rain some but need to check that out on my next trip out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I figured that out j. In auto pilot the new one has two choices. A new version of auto pilot and the "legacy" mode. I changed mine to legacy and it'd like the older ones when using auto pilot
Much much better

Love my new terrova. Worth the $1500 for sure
Although my foot pedal kept turning right the last day of the trip. It did rain some but need to check that out on my next trip out.
Good to know. I spend so much time fishing I really haven't messed with it too much so far.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Much much better
Thanks for letting me know, dick.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Man....legacy mode saved my ass on that last trip with boon.....thing was acting a fooooooooo in the new auto pilot mode smh

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I fried my Terrova at Glendo this week:mad: It may be time to pull the trigger on the Ulterra I have been wanting? Where did you buy your Terrova?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts