Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got a new mercury 15 hp motor for my boat . the question is do i need too install those two bolts that permanently mount it solid too the boat or can i just use the clamps. I'm new to boating and would appreciate some advice from you experience boaters
my boat is a 14 ft aluminum boat

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,232 Posts
Either/Or, your choice. If you are going to be taking the motor off to store or whatever just use the clamps, just be sure to keep checking the clamp tightness so you don't lose it on the road or water. Also rig up a lock on the clamp sor security, some people suck and will liberate it for there drug habit! If you don't need to ever pull it off just hard bolt it to the transom. Congrats!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either/Or, your choice. If you are going to be taking the motor off to store or whatever just use the clamps, just be sure to keep checking the clamp tightness so you don't lose it on the road or water. Also rig up a lock on the clamp sor security, some people suck and will liberate it for there drug habit! If you don't need to ever pull it off just hard bolt it to the transom. Congrats!
thank you pikester for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts