Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fishing my whole life, but left my brothers and oldest boy back in southern Arizona so Im doing the solo thing for now. Been doing a lot of exploring and trying my luck in various places around the Loveland area. There may even be a Tiger Muskie obsession starting, who knows.

Anyway, no boat yet, but have been doing my thing om the shore. If anyone in the area is looking for someone to head out with, let me know. Usually free most weekends. Love spinning for trout and bass. I need to pop my walleye cherry too soon

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the heads up with Lon Hagler. I was able to get into some walleye this morning off the shore.

Beautiful little lake

·
Registered
12 Posts
My name is Lucas & I'm in the same boat AZHighways..
Recently got the fish fever and upgraded most my rod/reels. I'm dying to get into a yak but know I want a pedal drive just not the expense haha. I've been doing alot of exploring the Aurora area on foot and have a few spots but not happy.

I'd be fun to have a partner. If you want to get together and wet some lines and have some laughs message me~

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sup Lucas

I was up in Longmont fishing the boat launch watching the kayak guys unload and head out yesterday. Man, those look sweet and super easy to get around. I thoroughly checked out the pedal drive at Cabelas last time I was there too.

Heading west this coming weekend, but Im open to meet up any weekend after that. We can toss some lines and see what happens if your interested then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove by Boedecker after Lon Hagler last weekend. I'll let you know about next weekend, im definitely down to check it out

Nice bass too, pulled in a couple myself around 2-3lb last weekend at Hagler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Of course I'll be interested haha~
Have you done any good at Boyd or Boedecker? I've been trying to find the catfish and crappie and hear those are both good options..
This was from a local pond recently~

Just joined and saw this post. I hit some catfish last weekend up at St. Vrain State Park. Some call in Barber Ponds. Had a great time, stayed out till about 3 AM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice, ive had pretty decent go at it there myself. Blue Heron if i remember correctly. Are you from the area?

Whitewater, are you heading up this way anytime soon?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been dying to get out but I had MOHS surgery on the 28th to remove 5 skin cancer spots, so I go in to have stitches removed this Thurs.. I even had a 5 day wknd and couldn't go!
I should be good to go by next weekend tho and would enjoy getting out.

WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Az, I live in the Loveland area and I am always looking for someone to fish with but if you are looking for some Bass try Horsetooth, Whopper Ploppers in early mornings but if you are on the North end, fish until about 9am that's when the paddle boarders come out and push you out of your fishing spot but fishing is good until then

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im enjoying the largies right now because they are easy to find and put up a decent enough fight. Totally down to go chase walleye or smalls too.

Im still stuck on the shore this year though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts