Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just lande my PB Saugeye on the 6 and 3/4 inch s waver. It was an absolute freakin toad. Crushed my swimbait at my feet in about a foot of water with lightning going off on the background. I was using the s waver as a wakebait. My PB walleye and now my PB Saugeye were both caught on this exact bait. Big baits do catch big fish. I’ve spent countless hours fishing jerkbaits here and only like a half hour fishing this swimbait here, and boom, PB. Same thing happened with my 28+ inch PB walleye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Awesome! I've never tried those "bigger" swimbaits. What pound test line do you run with it?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome! I've never tried those "bigger" swimbaits. What pound test line do you run with it?
I have two different swimbait setups. One is a shimano Cardiff with a heavy rod and one is a shimano citica with what I believe is a medium rod. Both rods are bass pro graphite series rods. They’re good rods, honestly, especially for the money. And whenever I’ve slammed them in a car door or whatever, bass pro swaps them out no questions asked. The Cardiff has 25lb test. The citica is loaded with 15lb. The heavy setup is good for bbz1s, 8 inch huddlestons and stuff like that. The medium heavy is good for six inch Hudds, bbz1 juniors and the s waver 168. I went out tonight and got a pretty nice bass, 3 or 4 lbs, on the s waver. Didn’t get a pic cuz my phone was dead but it really is such a blast to catch fish on bigass baits. I absolutely love fishing jerkbaits and soft plastics but I’ve caught so many fish on them that throwing bigass lures helps mix things up. And it’s still productive. The last three days, I’ve caught at least one fish a day on swimbait gear and they’ve been good fish for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm definitely gonna have to try that at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts