Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On sat 04/22 I caught my largest rainbow so far:

21" 3.25 lbs on powerbait of all things in about 5-8 feet of water right off shore.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good fish, nice dark green body color and a good healthy male red stripe. Looks like some big trout have definitely been active here in the last week or two.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice, never been to Seaman myself. I'm mainly a fisher in the Fort Collins/Loveland area myself since I go to school up here in Fort Collins. Seaman is more Denver area isn't it, or am I thinking Colorado Springs? I got that big trout a week ago up here in the Fort Collins area so it looks like they are hitting pretty well all over the front range.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice fish,
Anyone know if there are any other species besides trout in Seaman? I understand it's about a mile hike from parking lot to the reservoir. Do they let belly boats
on the lake?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Derajaman said:
Very nice, never been to Seaman myself.  I'm mainly a fisher in the Fort Collins/Loveland area myself since I go to school up here in Fort Collins.  Seaman is more Denver area isn't it, or am I thinking Colorado Springs? 
Seaman is on the North Fork of the Poudre at Gateway Park, about 20 minutes from fort collins. Belly boats, pontoons and canoes are allowed as far as I know. The only tricky part is that it's about a 1 mile hike uphill to get to the reservior from the Gateway park parking lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive been trying to find out as much as I can about the res. but all i know is there are trout, perch and sucker. Ive heard rumors of others like walleye and bass, but nothing to prove it. I threw alot of different lures out with no luck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've caught nice browns & rainbows, and rather small yellow perch. All of these on sinking lines and woolly buggers out of a float tube. The hike isn't that bad - 15 or 20 min - however, you will be light-headed if you blow up your float tube right away. John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts