Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Title says it all. Which one gets canned first?

  • Josh McDaniels

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan Hawkins

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote up. I'd like to see them both canned the same day, but we probably won't be that fortunate. Nobody in either organization seems to give a damn about the fans any more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Hawk. NO doubt about it. Bowlen is STILL......yes.....STILL paying Shanny and if he fires Mcdullard, he will be paying 3 coaches and that isn't gonna happen. We are stuck with McDipshit. For better( haha!!) or worse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard that opinion expressed by the McDaniels apologists. However, Bowlen is a businessman. At some pont he has to compare what he would be paying to a fired McDaniels against more financial damage to the Broncos "brand" resulting from more years of the McDaniels fiasco.

It may actually make financial sense to him to can McDaniels now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Slimer said:
It's the nfl. Even the Detroit Lions who don't sell out every game, make tons of cash from tv revenue. So yeah, I agree with you, the bottom line doesn't matter that much.
Lions were one Suh extra point from beating the Jets, I'll have you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Let me be clear..........I am NOT a MCD fan and wish like hell they would get rid of him! With that being said, I don't think it's gonna happen for reason's stated above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deuceu72 said:
Let me be clear..........I am NOT a MCD fan and wish like hell they would get rid of him! With that being said, I don't think it's gonna happen for reason's stated above.
And I'm just trying to give us all a reason for hope. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Hawk is done, it's already a foregone conclusion. No sense in dumping him now, may as well wait til after CU gets throttled by the Corn.

It's not like they can have a turn around in the season with 3 games left.... :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
you have been smelling far too many lake trout lately - fire them both. LOL. McD will be here for years. but the Hawk, well, his love left town long ago. He'll be gone the morning after the Nebraska game.

i hear Wade Phillips is CU bound :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Hawk is done, it's already a foregone conclusion. No sense in dumping him now, may as well wait til after CU gets throttled by the Corn.

It's not like they can have a turn around in the season with 3 games left.... :-\
No, but it would make it seem like the administration actually cares about the fans.

And AA, no more doughboys in Colorado!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Hawk is done, it's already a foregone conclusion. No sense in dumping him now, may as well wait til after CU gets throttled by the Corn.

It's not like they can have a turn around in the season with 3 games left.... :-\
No, but it would make it seem like the administration actually cares about the fans.

And AA, no more doughboys in Colorado!
Amen Brother!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Guys are picking winners!! Heres the latest

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=162480&catid=295

BOULDER - It was the news many people had been expecting: Dan Hawkins fired from his position as the head football coach of the University of Colorado Buffaloes.
Advertisement

9NEWS learned about CU's decision on Tuesday night. It came after the Buffs had a massive collapse in the fourth-quarter on Saturday, the biggest in Colorado history. CU gave up 35 points to the Kansas Jayhawks to erase a 45-17 lead.

The Buffaloes are 3-6 this season and 0-5 in the Big 12, the last time the team will play in the Big 12 because it joins the Pac 12 next season. The Buffs have also lost 17 straight road games. If the Buffs had won, it would have been their first road win since 2007.

CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn had reportedly planned to wait until after the season ended to terminate Hawkins, but the collapse in Kansas forced his hand.

In his time with CU, Hawkins accumulated a record of only 1939.

Associate Head Coach Ryan Cabral will take over as interim head coach while the school runs a national search for Hawkins' replacement.

Hawkins' son, Cody Hawkins, will remain as the Buffs' quarterback. He is the only healthy quarterback on the roster because Tyler Hansen is recovering from a hard hit that hospitalized him two weeks ago.

Hawkins was one of the hottest coaches in the nation when he took over at Colorado in 2006 after going 53-11 at Boise State. He replaced Gary Barnett, who lost his job after two scandal-plagued years and a 70-3 loss to Texas in the Big 12 title game after the 2005 season.

Meanwhile, Hawkins' former assistant, Chris Petersen, has built Boise State into a national championship contender, leading many critics to suggest that Bohn hired the wrong man away from the Broncos.

Bohn, Chancellor Phil DiStefano and President Bruce Benson took heavy criticism for not firing Hawkins after the Buffs finished 3-9 last season.

Hawkins also alienated alumni and former players by saying the program was "burned to the ground" when he got there even though the Buffaloes had reached the league championship game several times under Barnett.

This year, Hawkins moved practices from their traditional afternoon time slot to early mornings and took players' names off the backs of their jerseys. The culture of losing and Hawkins' curt public persona in the face of so much criticism has stayed the same.

After starting 3-1, the Buffs have lost five straight and will have to beat Iowa State and Kansas State at home and Nebraska on the road to avoid a fifth straight losing season.

Hawkins' contract runs through Jan. 31, 2013. He was awarded a contract extension in 2008 following his only bowl appearance in 2007 and signing a nationally ranked recruiting class that year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Hawk is done, it's already a foregone conclusion. No sense in dumping him now, may as well wait til after CU gets throttled by the Corn.

It's not like they can have a turn around in the season with 3 games left.... :-\
It might help recruiting!...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Dan Hawkins has been fired as head coach at CU! Good! Douche bag can't get out quick enough! Next, I think Mike Bohn (sp) needs to go! Bring in Bill Mac as the AD and Dave Logan as coach! Actually why do I care Buffs suck. Go RAMS!



Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
Dan Hawkins has been fired as head coach at CU! Good! Douche bag can't get out quick enough! Next, I think Mike Bohn (sp) needs to go! Bring in Bill Mac as the AD and Dave Logan as coach! Actually why do I care Buffs suck. Go RAMS!



Jim
Noooooooooooooooo!!!...Two words...Gerry Faust...

Ran Cincinnati's Archbishop Moeller High School in Cincinnati Ohio to a bunch of state championships before taking over Notre Dame and an unpectaculare record there...no high school coaches...get a real coach!!!...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
zman said:
baetisrun1 said:
Dan Hawkins has been fired as head coach at CU! Good! Douche bag can't get out quick enough! Next, I think Mike Bohn (sp) needs to go! Bring in Bill Mac as the AD and Dave Logan as coach! Actually why do I care Buffs suck. Go RAMS!



Jim
Noooooooooooooooo!!!...Two words...Gerry Faust...

Ran Cincinnati's Archbishop Moeller High School in Cincinnati Ohio to a bunch of state championships before taking over Notre Dame and an unpectaculare record there...no high school coaches...get a real coach!!!...
Dave Logan is a far better coach than most available! He is a Buff and that would be a good thing! He has taken 3 high schools to championships right here in the Metro area! He wouldn't cost that much money. I say why not! A new era is here!



Jim
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top