Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never! Carpe diem!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Whenever I think it may be damaged, some snags aren't bad, some fish don't seem to fight as hard as other or have mouths that are as rough on line, depending on the snag or the fish is how I determine if I check my line, or if I feel something abrasive rubbing my line.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
After landing a decent fish, being hung up, or feeling it "rub" on something I will check the last few feet, especially hear the lure tie.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I feel the need to molest my line on a regular basis. After I have ravaged a fish and also after seductively dragging my lure across the bottom of the lake. I will finger my line after these occurrences as I am fairly anal about it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I feel the need to molest my line on a regular basis. After I have ravaged a fish and also after seductively dragging my lure across the bottom of the lake. I will finger my line after these occurrences as I am fairly anal about it.
Ha ha ha! Just reading that made me feel dirty. :D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
captain shuyak said:
I test it by holding the line in one hand, jig in the other and pull, if it breaks retie, or after 4 or 5 large fish.
I am just the opposite......once I tie a good knot I try not to put any more pressure than I have to on it until the moment of truth. A knot only has just so many "pulls" in its useful lifetime and I don't want to risk the integrity of the knot by pulling on it. I also check the last couple feet of line very often for nicks.....almost compulsively as Riverrunner does. Most breakoffs I would guess come from "nicks" in the last two feet of line.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
captain shuyak said:
I test it by holding the line in one hand, jig in the other and pull, if it breaks retie, or after 4 or 5 large fish.
I am just the opposite......once I tie a good knot I try not to put any more pressure than I have to on it until the moment of truth. A knot only has just so many "pulls" in its useful lifetime and I don't want to risk the integrity of the knot by pulling on it. I also check the last couple feet of line very often for nicks.....almost compulsively as Riverrunner does. Most breakoffs I would guess come from "nicks" in the last two feet of line.
AAAHHHYESSSIR!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
TMI!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Slimer said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
TMI!
Don't you mean TULI? The Usual Level of Information................pretty much a Kyle standard isn't it? :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knute said:
You need a "none of the above". Somebody might check their's every 21 casts.
Thats true. I started the poll for biggiesmalls who lost a pig walleye last week due to him not checking his line after landing a few smaller eyes. We had a great day ,but losing a pig did put a damper on a great day.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
discloco said:
I started the poll for biggiesmalls who lost a pig walleye last week due to him not checking his line after landing a few smaller eyes. We had a great day ,but losing a pig did put a damper on a great day.
I have to call B.S. on this one bro......everybody knows that walleyes don't fight!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
solesearcher34 said:
discloco said:
I started the poll for biggiesmalls who lost a pig walleye last week due to him not checking his line after landing a few smaller eyes. We had a great day ,but losing a pig did put a damper on a great day.
I have to call B.S. on this one bro......everybody knows that walleyes don't fight!!! ;)
You're right, they dont pull! However, like all you fellow vampires, they do have teeth!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
But they arent cutting teeth like Northern Pike...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts