Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the first order. Now have an almost 6" bait that only suspends or runs 1-3 feet:thumb: They should cast like a rocket!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Look pretty cool. Ordered some countdown scatter raps and countdown X-Raps. Have to see how they compare to the original countdowns, the colors look better.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
they look a lot like the ghost minnows, but a lil' bigger.. I have done well trolling super shallow with the ghost minnow...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the action on them alot! But I have gotten skunked the last two nights I have been out on the Vampire shift:confused:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used them last night and did pretty well! They suspended in 2' of water just as avertised:thumb:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna pick some of these up. They look pretty sweet!
They fill an impotant need! They dive only 2-3 feet and that allows you to throw a big suspending bait shallow without snagging! Last night I had two rods rigged. One with the Max Rap and one with a #12 Purple/Ghost Xrap. Never got to the Xrap last night. Saugeyes love the 5.25 version!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They need to make a Rainbow trout pattern! I am going to go up to 11-mile this spring and rip these thru the weedlines for Pike;D

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
You need to get a perch pattern for the Mile. Rainbow works obviously but when the pike get on a perch bite hold on. You can really put some monsters in the boat.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
rapala

I love Rapalas. I kind of collect them. I just ordered this 7 inch floating rapala from Ebay and should be getting it tomorrow. Cant wait to throw it. Its the "vairon" pattern which it Sapnish for minnow. This is going to be my ket to a nice musky;)

And there are rainbow trout rapalas that would probably fit your needs. I have some big rainbow trout patterns that I think are 7in as well in Vegas that my grandpa used to throw for striper in Lake Meade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts