Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,971 Posts
On a budget...I'd recommend a medium Berkley Lightning rod and a Pflueger President reel for around a hundred bucks.
Dido what Hobie said. I have several Berkley Amps and have landed plenty of large fish on those $40 rods. They have great action for working light lures as well.

Can't go wrong with Pflueger reels either.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm jumping in a little late here, but since your budget increased take a look at Castaway Rods. I picked one up a few months ago and love the sensitivity it has. I've landed several large fish with ease and even used it fishing for small stuff around town when I was bored and didn't have the time to go too far. I also picked up a brand new one shopping with the wife at an indoor fleemarket for $27.99 (store price is over $100).

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Line: I liked P-Line Floroclear in my mono days. Moderately priced and pretty castable

Used to be a good quality line. I purchased some last fall and was severely disappointed. I like Seagar so far. I bit more pricey, but the quality seems to be worth it. I too use quite a bit of braid when I'm not dinking around with Trout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.