Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Some of those ice cubes were still around for dirt cheap 2 or 3 months ago. I didn't like the Shappel's last year, just too flimsy and they had bad reviews. Looks like they hack hack borrowed cough a few companies designs though.

Rob

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I was a little worried in the wind my first time in the ice cube but it stood up fine at chambers and gross. It was they day at gross when I saw huts getting thrown across the lake I knew I made a good buy. I thought the ice cube came out before the Eskimo, they also make a hunting blind based on same design. For the money and how portable it is, cant go wrong, carried it into Chambers before I has my snowmobile, nice and light compared to dragging a sled. Looked at a big Clam Voyager, but the $$$$ is a big difference. After a full season my ice cube has held up great, ymmv

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
andyrm66 said:
I was a little worried in the wind my first time in the ice cube but it stood up fine at chambers and gross. It was they day at gross when I saw huts getting thrown across the lake I knew I made a good buy. I thought the ice cube came out before the Eskimo, they also make a hunting blind based on same design. For the money and how portable it is, cant go wrong, carried it into Chambers before I has my snowmobile, nice and light compared to dragging a sled. Looked at a big Clam Voyager, but the $$$$ is a big difference. After a full season my ice cube has held up great, ymmv
Those hunting blinds you speak of, I picked one up at BPS last year for ~$65 bucks. It was a steal because the camo pattern was old. My bro and another buddy cashed in on it too. It was a little smaller than I wanted but absolutely rocked because it had teh same anchors as the ice cube or eskimos. I need to upgrade though because my six year old always goes with me and I need a bigger hut again. I had frabill that was nice but killer to haul around without a snowmobile.

Keep in mind boys if your looking for a one man hut keep an eye on those blinds you can get a good deal when they go on sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts