Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have You Guys heard about the "NEW" regs. for live bait at Your lake?
Any 'live aquatic bait" must be used up at the lake OR disposed of when coming off the lake... i.e. minnows...
There is a "new" ranger/ANS inspector at Chatty also tells me that the State will now issue You a citation for trailering Your boat with the drain plug in it...
AND... They can "inspect your boat at any time, even If you have 'tagged it" from a previous visit.. at the SAME lake...??? OR entering the SAME Lake...
OH yeah, He also says that "interpretation" of the rules is totally up to the State Parks Employee as He sees fit...
WTF?
It would be nice if the rules were in print, somewhere, so that EVERYONE would know about them.....
OR... is this guy just being a "jerk"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Understand one thing, we are the peons therefore they have the authority to change the rules at their whim or enforce them as they see fit.

What a wonderful world. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Minnows...... What minnows ?? ??

Not too worried about the tag thing.... If i get a tag it's almost always just so i can launch early in the morning before the inspectors show up.... They cant re-inspect me if they are not there... And even if they did i always keep my boat clean and dry and have never had a problem with the inspections.

As for the inspector @ Chatty.. And anywhere else for that matter.... it is always going to be up to the interpretation of the inspector…. I find if you take care of your boat.. and remain civil and BS with the inspector… You don’t have any problems.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've VERY, VERY rarely had a problem with ANY of the ANS inspectors in the last 5 years.... I totally agree with the whole program. This Guy, however..... :mad:
I know the proceedure. And am aware of the "rules'
But when he is telling me He can impound My boat and truck.....
That's another story. I insist on him showing me a 'print' version of HIS interpretation of His rules, and He can't...
He hands me a copy of the 2014 DOW pamphlet on Fishing in Colorado...
Tells Me.. "its written inside, just read the rules" .... Cmon, man...
I ask him when this rule was adapted. He says last year....
NOWHERE do I find His dittie about a citation for trailering your boat with the drain plug in it....
A little "common courtesy" from this guy would go a LOOOONG way...
Don't treat people like They are guilty when dealing with em....
That's all I ask...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Funny reading this, I was just over on Chatfield, North Ramp, and witness what must be the same guy. This one is patch proud, for a second I thought he had double patches on. Will have to take a closer look at his patches on his shirt. Tried to tell me I had something on the boat that is not actually there, because of abandoned hardware. I didn't say much but sure left with the opinion he is a jerk.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Sounds young and short with a small cock. If they keep it up I might actually take some action of my own...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
More govt control...Im so thankful they allow me to fish their waters.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
#805...If they want it they got it...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
You're all bark, you old and short, small cock having puss.
Any day *****, I guarantee ill **** you up. Its not even up for debate.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts