Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a rumor that a new record was caught this week, 19 something and caught out of a west slope lake. I do not know who to contact at the DOW to see if this is anything more than a rumor ?? I really kind of hope it isn't true, the lake gets way too much pressure as it is.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt most of the people on here know where juanita res is. I would just like to contact the DOW and find out if there is ANY truth to this or if it is just a RUMOR

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
It would be cool if it were true? But I have my doubts!

The current record will be very hard to beat!!! And I would imagine it would have to be in the spring before she drops her eggs.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Neal/CO said:

The current record will be very hard to beat!!! And I would imagine it would have to be in the spring before she drops her eggs.
I dont know, Ive heard when weather patterns are similar to spring time, the fish make eggs and hold them. I think its entriely possible especially with the weather we've been having.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
Neal/CO said:

I dont know, Ive heard when weather patterns are similar to spring time, the fish make eggs and hold them. I think its entriely possible especially with the weather we've been having.
Actually the eggs are already developing right now in most females. But they will mature and be at the most volume come March.

Like I said earlier. I hope it is true, but I doubt it. But who would of expected an 18 lb plus fish from Standly Resevoir either ???

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
A walleye in that size class is certainly possible this time of year.....for sure. ;) I will make an educated guess to say that it would be possible to set a state record here without the fish carrying eggs....granted not near as likely but possible.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
A walleye in that size class is certainly possible this time of year.....for sure. ;) I will make an educated guess to say that it would be possible to set a state record here without the fish carrying eggs....granted not near as likely but possible.
I see your point, but it would be highly unlikely. I don't think most people understand just how impressive our state record is!!!!!

There's a front comin thru. Why aren't you out fishing?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts