Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna upgrade my troller its a Powerdrive 55 with added I-pilot.

Gonna do a Terrova 80 with factory installed Ipilot.

Just saw the Ulterra 80 with the auto Stow/Deploy. Wicked cool. But I wonder how much more drain on the batteries this feature would cause? Plus its an extra $500.

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike is this the first year for stow and deploy I dont remember it before...if it is I would pass until they get all the bugs worked out...is it that tough or labor intensive to put a bow mount up?...

Its not hard at all when my guest in the front does all the work!

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah Cher I hadnt thought about electric only lakes. Gotta lift that motor fast right b4 it hits the trailer!

I already have the I-pilot and could never live without it. Gotta have at least 80lbs for the queen mary when the breeze kicks up. That 55 came with and its barely adequate.

That said gonna go stay away from the ulterra, I may look at the Motorguide also.

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, my lowrance is from 2010, not a gen 2, so I would hafta get an HDS 8 for $800, then the Motorguide for $1500, then the cable for $250.

Then I would put the old HDS 5 in the bow hooked to the US 2.

Or I can just simply get a Terrova for $1500 and be happy.

aND SELL MY OLD MOTOR FOR $400-450 AND HAVE A TOTAL OUTLAY OF ~ $1000 VS. $2000 OR SO- i SUPPOSE A GRAND REALLY AINT THAT MUCH IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.