Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow lots of goings on here, glad to have stirred some excitement! my screen name is from an old motorcycle forum I used to be on, and the Joe Siphek part is just an easy way to pronounce my last name. I'm definitely not a Dr.

As for a fishing report caught my 1st fish of the season, hit up hunters glen on Saturday for about an hour and was fortunate enough to to catch a decent little 10" LM bass on an orange tazmanian devil

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow lots of goings on here, glad to have stirred some excitement! my screen name is from an old motorcycle forum I used to be on, and the Joe Siphek part is just an easy way to pronounce my last name. I'm definitely not a Dr.

As for a fishing report caught my 1st fish of the season, hit up hunters glen on Saturday for about an hour and was fortunate enough to to catch a decent little 10" LM bass on an orange tazmanian devil
You should NOT have told us you were not a Doc. You could have played that card on here for a long, long time!! LOL..

Welcome!😎

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
so what's the deal, do people from here actually get together? you know fish together, camp, 4 wheel, grab a beer?

Just trying to get a feel for the place...i've only been involved in one other forum prior to this (motorcycle club) and it was a pretty tight knit group that would often get together.

Just checkin

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
so what's the deal, do people from here actually get together? you know fish together, camp, 4 wheel, grab a beer?

Just trying to get a feel for the place...i've only been involved in one other forum prior to this (motorcycle club) and it was a pretty tight knit group that would often get together.

Just checkin

Sounds like some one is cruising for cack. Try m4m on Craigslist, Dr Ankle Grabber.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Not sure but I think you already got an invite from Boon, Riv and Bubba...if canoes are involved I wouldnt go if I were you...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

Just checkin
Just PM Golden Rod, Boondock and Riverrunner. They like to take newbs out. OK, seriously, there aren't many forum get together these days. You might get some bites in the "Find a Partner" section. Your best option is to contribute and, at some point, some like-minded people may reach out to you and be more willing to wet a line with you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Thanks AO...I could care less about get togethers, although talking fish stories over a brew is always a plus. Now fishing and drinking some brews is even better. I'm really here just to learn and share.

It would be cool to meet other enthusiasts that are in my general vicinity. Honestly, I prefer to fish alone, that way no one can call me out on my "Fish Tales" :biggrin1:

as for golden rod...he seems like a legit dude...takes some kinda balls to give their member "Golden" status :hail:

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Idunno, man. Seems to me like get-togethers kind of happen organically around here anymore. Wasn't there some homo-erotic themed ice gathering not too long ago?

Iffin you wanna meet peeps, throw something out there. "Hey, I'm going to fish Lake X...never been there before, but I was hoping to meet a few of you. I've got whiskey, and sausages" (I'm pretty sure that's how the pseudo ice fishing event happened. I suspect that was more about the sausage though)

I think a few people fish some of the local tournaments as well. I hear that's good for networking as well.

Maybe old Goonie, with his new found less douchebaggeryness, would be willing to resurrect the old Tube N Toon? He seems keen to bring all the old heads back together again. ;D

Also, if you have a boat... Poon-n-Tang will do some "things" for a boat ride. Or so I've heard.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
some homo-erotic themed ice gathering not too long ago?
Only if peeps are homophobic... :D A sausage is a sausage is a sausage for me. Not some Freudian imagery for a man's parts. I made it very clear in the thread that the economics of meat would be disastrous if farmers could not recoup their cost on the lesser cuts of meat... :D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts