Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Nebraska and have never been fishing in Colorado. I am looking for advice on finding a place in the mountains that is kind of away from everyone to fish. I have all the backbacking gear as I go to the Boundary Waters of Northern Minnesota every year. I would like to find the equivilant of that in Colorado. Don't mind if I have to hike a few miles to get there. Would also like to take my dad who is 65. I'm not even sure what you catch in the mountains besides trout and I've never done that either. Thanks for the help.

Riley

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Lots of places to hike in to. I'd suggest either the Rawah Wilderness Area or RMNP.

Flies, spinners, grubs... Trout eat everything, just gotta find what they want.

I suggest UL gear because its easy to pack in and more fun on the troutskis.

Use the search function on here for specific info. Use google maps to find bodies of water and then do some research on them.

Colorado is great for backpacking in to a location and trout fishing. You can look at RMNP near Estes for lakes with good brookie and cutthroat action. Better scenery than anything you have in Nebraska, but probably won't get into any giants.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lots of places to get out and explore. Use the interactive map for starters, or like Opry said just pick something from google maps and start doing a little research. Tons of isolated lakes as long as you're willing to put in the effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts