Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm sure this has been asked quite a bit around here but I am new to fishing the lakes here in Colorado, I usually go to rampart, spinney, 11 mile, -'y of the lakes around their, I have been out three time trolling in my boat and haven't had any luck, what are some good setups to use around here.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Hey I'm sure this has been asked quite a bit around here but I am new to fishing the lakes here in Colorado, I usually go to rampart, spinney, 11 mile, -'y of the lakes around their, I have been out three time trolling in my boat and haven't had any luck, what are some good setups to use around here.

Thanks for the help
Kastmasters and 2 inch tubejigs are King of the mountain lakes.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Honestly I'm effing shore trash. But with my limited experience with that infernal South Park pisspuddle (11 mile) I will say I snap jig the spoons off deeper ledges and ambush points.... And I bounce the jigs off the tops of weed beds. Big clue - wind is your abusive friend.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Dave is right. You can shore cast, or if you have a boat, just drifting with either will work pretty good. Root beer and Chartruse tubes work good at Spinney for me.

·
Registered
740 Posts
This time of year the Rebel hard body crawdad crankbaits work well also if you can avoid getting snagged up in weeds in shallower waters (<10 fow)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You'd be surprised at how many trout will take a 9" Rapala while trolling for pike! Some of the trout are smaller than the lure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You have to get the lure to the depth where the fish are.i prefer leadcore line because you can quickly reel in one or two colors when the bottom comes up to avoid snags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts