Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one. This will be my first year at hitting the ice here in Colorado. I was thinking Georgetown or Evergreen lake tomorrow 12/22/05. Has any one tried either of these lakes yet ??? Well if not i'll be the first to let you know what hapens and how it all went.

·
Registered
935 Posts
As you look around the site, I think you'll find recent reports from Georgetown.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If you go to Georgetown be prepared to dull out your auger blades. There is so much sand in the ice it really does a # on blades. I fished it once last year and dulled out the blades of my new hand auger in one day! :(

D

·
0 Posts
C-Bass-
:) If you don't mind driving a little farther the fishing at Tarryall has been so fast it's ridiculous. Fish in water 10-15' deep on the west side. Action has been non-stop.

·
Registered
377 Posts
C Bass,

I agree with Don, I went to Tarryall a couple of weeeks ago and the action was non-stop for 6 hours. Georgetown gets a lot of wind and you have to fightt the Ski traffic. We fish Tarryall by the dam in about 15 feet of water.

FC

·
Registered
691 Posts
Or, depending on where you live, Dowdy Lake in Red Feathers is always good for non-stop action. Awesome place for beginners (and others). John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any more recent reports on fishing at Tarryall, what was ice thickness?

Going to take a buddy and his two little girls ice fishing for first time. Heading to 11-mile first and then Tarryall on 29th. Wanted to give them a better chance at some fish to get the girls hooked on fishing.

D

·
0 Posts
RichW said:
Any more recent reports on fishing at Tarryall, what was ice thickness?
I was there on the 10th and the ice was a good 10" along the west side. On the 3rd it was about 5". Both days action was non-stop & great fun. Fish all 10-13".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Don - will head for west end.
If we find them I'm sure those kids will have a blast.
We'll give it a shot and report later next week.
-Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts