Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello all, wanted to intrdouce myself. stripahstalker from the NH myfisfinder forum or madtrappa from the NH Iceshanty board. no one uses MFF here in CO so im glad I found a local forum just moved to Woodland Park from NH in June. summer's been good to me this year. lots of bows, lookin forward to hard water and meeting new friends.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum FinAddict we can always use some more active members on here. Dont let the locals scare you off LOL

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Yep welcome!...good luck fishing...

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Welcome! zman is new to Colorado too! He moved here for the pot.
I was going to talk to you about that...I have noticed a growing epidemic in the last 9 months...more and more idiots driving 42 mph in the fast lane on an uncrowded interstate or leaving 1 to 2 cars of open space in front of them at traffic lights and they arent even old folk...so it has to be attributed to stoners...so u were right at 42 mph the roads are safer!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was going to talk to you about that...I have noticed a growing epidemic in the last 9 months...more and more idiots driving 42 mph in the fast lane on an uncrowded interstate or leaving 1 to 2 cars of open space in front of them at traffic lights and they arent even old folk...so it has to be attributed to stoners...so u were right at 42 mph the roads are safer!
That's just status quo for I-25, if you want to go the speed limit you have to do it in the far right lane and zigzag around the merging and exiting traffic, who are also going 42...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Coming back from Utah late Sunday afternoon. Three and a half hours from Silverthorne to Idaho Springs. Never seen so many leaf viewers before.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome to CO, Fin -- I'm a CO native recently returned form a 3-year stay in MA. Trout and pike fishing here can be good, but you might find the perch/bass/crappie/smelt/everything else fishing a bit "lower class" than back in NH. Oh, and there's that annoying ice fishing with ONLY TWO LINES INSTEAD OF FIVE thing...takes a while to get used to. ;)
Hope to see you on the Colorado IceShanty board too.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Coming back from Utah late Sunday afternoon. Three and a half hours from Silverthorne to Idaho Springs. Never seen so many leaf viewers before.
dude, for real.

it took my son and i an hour and a half to get from the loveland pass exit to georgetown. and we waited on purpose at officer's gulch for the traffic to subside.

that tunnel construction is a joke... i suspect i'll be spending more weekends in south park this winter because of it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
gettn ready

Welcome to CO, Fin -- I'm a CO native recently returned form a 3-year stay in MA. Trout and pike fishing here can be good, but you might find the perch/bass/crappie/smelt/everything else fishing a bit "lower class" than back in NH. Oh, and there's that annoying ice fishing with ONLY TWO LINES INSTEAD OF FIVE thing...takes a while to get used to. ;)
Hope to see you on the Colorado IceShanty board too.

ya I'm used to it cause all the lakes managed for trout and salmon are two trap lakes except for a few. having to pay for the second rod is strange. what really spins my head is that you guys dont fish with live bait here through the ice. back in Nh it's live smelt two to four feet under the ice for bows and tip up suckers (small) a couple feet from the bottom for lake trout. so it's weird to think about fishing with traps and no live bait? But im looking forward to getting on some bigger trout. largest I caught in NH was a heavy four # male bow nice kype on him though the pics on my ice shanty profile and a I got lucky and hit a four pound brookie as well big female she was a beast.. let her swim to spread those mutant genes of hers. I keep seeing videos of these monster lakers and bows coming outta blue mesa, 11 mile and granby and I'm itching to get up on some of that. I'm having my Vex and ice gear mailed out in a few weeks. I gotta score a power auger soon though if anybody has any leads let me know.:cool:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Granby is awesome. If you wanna catch pig-ass Lakers, hit up Bernie Keefe. He has a guide service and is very good at what he does.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts