Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me join your forum. I am new to the Denver area and looking for someone to Bass fish with. I am from Mississippi. If there is some one needing a good partner to tournament fish with, please give me a reply. Thanks for your time. Good fishing everyone!

·
Banned
553 Posts
Im down to fish if you dont try to touch my rod...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
You are aware that this is a trout state, right? Why would you want to fish for dumb bass when we have the Magnificent Rainbow Trout in our midst? ??? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also new to this forum and would love to fish with you. I am located near cherry creek Res. I am 50 years old, originally from Ga.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Welcome to our forum! If tournament fishing is what you want to do check out the Denver Bassmasters club or one of the smaller clubs. You can get in the tourneys as a non boater and meet other anglers with the same interests! Tight lines!!!

http://www.denverbassmasters.com/

·
Banned
553 Posts
You are aware that this is a trout state, right? Why would you want to fish for dumb bass when we have the Magnificent Rainbow Trout in our midst? ??? :confused:
Says the giy who dunks rubber power eggs on his baitcaster..... ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cmiller11 I no longer live in the Denver area . I was born there and stayed till 1972 The went to Texas then back to Colorado the for the last time back to Texas. I fished a lot of bass in Denver area. There are some goods ponds that offer some nice bass. Ward War Pond I-70 and Ward Road . Located behind camper world on I-70 there are good bass lakes. The for the best bass fishing experience check out the Rocky Mountain arsenal in Commerce City. You pay to fish and must attend a class before you can fish. There are two lakes One has some nice quality bass while the other has pike https://www.fws.gov/nwrs/threecolumn.aspx?id=2147511077
it is catch and release using only flies and lures with the barb removed from the hook. Good place to get away and talk over all your problems your self while fishing!You will not find the type of structure you once fished like flooded timber, road beds .

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Cmiller11 I no longer live in the Denver area . I was born there and stayed till 1972 The went to Texas then back to Colorado the for the last time back to Texas. I fished a lot of bass in Denver area. There are some goods ponds that offer some nice bass. Ward War Pond I-70 and Ward Road . Located behind camper world on I-70 there are good bass lakes. The for the best bass fishing experience check out the Rocky Mountain arsenal in Commerce City. You pay to fish and must attend a class before you can fish. There are two lakes One has some nice quality bass while the other has pike https://www.fws.gov/nwrs/threecolumn.aspx?id=2147511077
it is catch and release using only flies and lures with the barb removed from the hook. Good place to get away and talk over all your problems your self while fishing!You will not find the type of structure you once fished like flooded timber, road beds .

😳

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pretty much every pond and lake east of the mountains holds a bass population, and a few in the foothills or along the western slope will have smallmouth.
Do you have a boat? If so, get ready for Aquatic Nussiance Species inspections. Read up on the rules and what they look for every single time you go to/from the water.
What part of MS are you from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for all your help and information. I am looking into the Bass clubs in the area. I am from Brandon, MS. I fished mainly on Ross Barnett Res and Pickwick. I currently do not have a boat. I had to turn it in when I left MS. i ran a Triton 21TRX dealer boat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cmiller11, I might be interested in getting together to bass fish sometime. I've got a 19' Champion 190sx. I like to fish Pueblo, Boyd and a few other places on the front range. I end up fishing by myself a lot as I don't have many buddies that bass fish so I usually have an empty back seat.

Ron

·
Banned
553 Posts

Dont listen to this dude. Go to sloans lake.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You givin out old info mang

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my first year going after Bass, I'm not the most experienced person around but have been enjoying myself. I've been fishing local ponds with a small amount of success, I would appreciate some pointers and company.

I'm in the Castle Rock area and try to head out on weekdays when my schedule allows.

·
Banned
553 Posts
This is my first year going after Bass, I'm not the most experienced person around but have been enjoying myself. I've been fishing local ponds with a small amount of success, I would appreciate some pointers and company.

I'm in the Castle Rock area and try to head out on weekdays when my schedule allows.
Evening+rocks+craw....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts