Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at starting fishing. I used to fish when I was a kid. But I have not in years. I bought one of those Shakespeare combo packs that has a few goldish looking lures. I have no idea what they are for or how to use them. Heck I am not even sure on the name of it. I know I sound like a loser, but I spent most of my life behind a desk and now I am a trucker.

Being a truck driver I do not get much time to do anything. To get started in Colorado Springs do you think that places like Quail Lake or even Prospect Lake are a good place to learn?

Also, do you think it is possible to just teach myself or do you folks have any pointers?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks all. I might take you up on that offer muninoel. I am almost on summer break from school. I am doing online stuff. So to start off just use live bait not the lures that came with the little kit?

I am still looking stuff up, like what spinning is.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I will try to get a set schedule. I really want to start really fishing. Do I just tie that lure to the line? What are the metal ones that have an eyelets and a little metal piece dangling down?

For lures do the brightly colored worms work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.